Topics

Update crash

Jim Hargrave

We are making progress. We think we have a fix.

"Analysis indicates that the reported post auto-update the crash ONLY occurs if the user has the main Logger32 Window configured and running on a monitor other than the top/left one.

Anyone running Logger32 on a second monitor and unable to auto-update let me know If you would be willing to help us verify the fix..

Please send direct to my e-mail listed below.

73, Jim – w5ifp@...

villemin denis

Hi Jim

After putting the display of the window of logger32 on screen 1, the update 3.50.319 was carried out without problem after the update I handed logger32 on the screen2 everything is ok
sorry for my English

Tnx for the job With logger32

F5RJM-Denis

We are making progress. We think we have a fix.

"Analysis indicates that the reported post auto-update the crash ONLY occurs if the user has the main Logger32 Window configured and running on a monitor other than the top/left one.

Anyone running Logger32 on a second monitor and unable to auto-update let me know If you would be willing to help us verify the fix..

Please send direct to my e-mail listed below.

73, Jim – w5ifp@...

Kenneth Hansen

Jim,

For what it's worth, I upgrade yesterday without any issues, and I am using a 2 monitor setup.

de KB2SSE

Ken

--
Kenneth Hansen
Owner

Dave Colliau

I did mine last week and I also run 2 monitors and no problems here ?
Dave N8DC

For what it's worth, I upgrade yesterday without any issues, and I am using a 2 monitor setup.

de KB2SSE

Ken

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 12:39 AM, 'Jim Hargrave' w5ifp@... [hamlogger] <hamlogger@...> wrote:

We are making progress. We think we have a fix.

"Analysis indicates that the reported post auto-update the crash ONLY occurs if the user has the main Logger32 Window configured and running on a monitor other than the top/left one.

Anyone running Logger32 on a second monitor and unable to auto-update let me know If you would be willing to help us verify the fix..

Please send direct to my e-mail listed below.

73, Jim – w5ifp@...

--
Kenneth Hansen
Owner
ScanAm Technical Services, LLC

NICK K. PLUMIDAKIS

Version 3.50319

In my 3 monitor setup it is working fabulous.

With  ICOM IC 756PROII and IC-7300.

DE

Nick

SV1VS

For what it's worth, I upgrade yesterday without any issues, and I am using a 2 monitor setup.

de KB2SSE

Ken

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 12:39 AM, 'Jim Hargrave' w5ifp@... [hamlogger] <hamlogger@...> wrote:

We are making progress. We think we have a fix.

"Analysis indicates that the reported post auto-update the crash ONLY occurs if the user has the main Logger32 Window configured and running on a monitor other than the top/left one.

Anyone running Logger32 on a second monitor and unable to auto-update let me know If you would be willing to help us verify the fix.

Please send direct to my e-mail listed below.

73, Jim – w5ifp@...

--

Kenneth Hansen

Owner

ScanAm Technical Services, LLC

Michael Harris

From Jim's post the location of the main logger window within a two monitor set-up is the potential issue, not the simple fact it is running on two monitors or whatever.

"Analysis indicates that the reported post auto-update the crash ONLY occurs if the user has the main Logger32 Window configured and running on a monitor other than the top/left one."

Where does yours fit in this scenario? Vital information for the developers.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 08/06/2017 09:51, Dave n8dc-8@... [hamlogger] wrote:
I did mine last week and I also run 2 monitors and no problems here ?
Dave N8DC
For what it's worth, I upgrade yesterday without any issues, and I am using a 2 monitor setup.
de KB2SSE
Ken

Kenneth Hansen

Either monitor in my shack is fine

KB2SSE

Ken

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Mike Harris mike.harris@... [hamlogger] <hamlogger@...> wrote:

From Jim's post the location of the main logger window within a two
monitor set-up is the potential issue, not the simple fact it is running
on two monitors or whatever.

--
Kenneth Hansen
Owner
ScanAm Technical Services, LLC

gboutin@...

Jim,

It would seem some other criteria is also involved. I have L32 on the bottom of two monitors. No problem with the update to 319 for me.

I am using Windows 10 Pro (15063.332) and I do my L32 updates manually rather than using auto-updates.

---In hamlogger@..., <w5ifp@...> wrote :

We are making progress. We think we have a fix.

"Analysis indicates that the reported post auto-update the crash ONLY occurs if the user has the main Logger32 Window configured and running on a monitor other than the top/left one.

Anyone running Logger32 on a second monitor and unable to auto-update let me know If you would be willing to help us verify the fix..

Please send direct to my e-mail listed below.

73, Jim – w5ifp@...

n5kd

I agree.
I have a single monitor, and L32 crashed right after the upgrade. It ran fine after I restarted it.
A couple of days later it crashed again on startup, but has been running great most of the time when restarted. I normally run mine 24/7 so DX spots come in.
I have had crashes sometimes when starting the local host window, especially if L32 has been running a long time. Could it be something with that?
73' Pete, N5KD.

Sent from my mobile

---In hamlogger@..., wrote :

We are making progress. We think we have a fix.

"Analysis indicates that the reported post auto-update the crash ONLY occurs if the user has the main Logger32 Window configured and running on a monitor other than the top/left one.

Anyone running Logger32 on a second monitor and unable to auto-update let me know If you would be willing to help us verify the fix..

Please send direct to my e-mail listed below.

73, Jim – w5ifp@...

Jim Hargrave

Logger32 version 3.50.319 introduced a TCP external interface. The TCP window was programmed to open in the center of the Logger32 MDI. The program had a screen position limitation. This limitation caused program crash when the MDI was located on the 2nd screen.

Logger32 version 3.50.320 is now on line. This version corrects the problem and the Logger32 MDI can again be placed on the 2nd monitor without error.

The help file will be updated soon to include TCP setup.

73, Jim – w5ifp@...

Paul Sturpe

I am running two monitors with the Logger32 main window on the lower monitor, left side.   I have had NO problems upgrading through .320.

Paul, W3GQ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10