Changed to Win7/Pro64Bit, USB to RS232 Problem

Harald_OE6GC

Good evening from OE6GC.

Just changed Logger32 to a new PC with Win7/Pro64Bit. Everything fine but cannot run the rotorinterface via the Profilic USB to RS232 adapter.

Is anybody able to point me to a solution please?

73, Harry, OE6GC

Harald_OE6GC

Hi all,

would like to give further informations to my Problem with my new PC Win7 Pro, 64Bit:

Present Installation:
Logger32 Version 3,33,18, fully configured. Radio control is ok, either with the com port on the motherboard as with the profilec USB to RS232 adapter. But no functionality of the Rotor control. This either with the com port on the motherboard as with the profilec USB to RS232 adapter.

First trial:
Installation of a brand new naked Logger32 Version 3,33,18 on same PC. > Same result,

Second trial:
Installation of Logger32 in Version 3,29,1 (which worked perfekt at the old XP 32Bit) on same PC. > Same result, radio ok, no go for the rotor.

So it is not a problem with the profilec USB to RS232 adapter. I think, that this Win7 Pro, 64Bit is the reason for the problem. Think, that I have to run Logger 32 in a virtual XP on this PC.

Would be interested if anybody using similar PC setup has detected same problem with rotor control or could manage this problem.

73, Harry, OE6GC

--- In hamlogger@..., "Harald_OE6GC" <oe6gc@...> wrote:

Good evening from OE6GC.

Just changed Logger32 to a new PC with Win7/Pro64Bit. Everything fine but cannot run the rotorinterface via the Profilic USB to RS232 adapter.

Is anybody able to point me to a solution please?

73, Harry, OE6GC

Jose Bonanca

Yes there are lots of people working with win7 and no complaints.... The
prolific PROLIFIC is the problem or better yet its drivers...

73

**

--
Jose (Ct1aos)

Kiss Ferenc

Hi!

The version 3.30 is working correctly. But 3.31 and 3.32 not working.
Messages "no rotor".

win7 64 bits. Radio com port no problem.

I downgrade to version 3,30. Working!!!

73 Feri

[...]

Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...>

Feri,

The reason you are getting the "no rotor" error is that you have not
correctly configured the Rotor in the latest version of Logger32.

Logger32 now supports up to 9 rotors and MUST also be configured in the
BandMode chart. You must insert a rotor number for each frequency segment
that uses the rotor. The "Setup | Rotor" is now different.

Please read the rotor documentation in the latest help file. It has examples
of the rotor setup.

73s de Jim
W5IFP

> The version 3.30 is working correctly. But 3.31 and 3.32 not working.
> Messages "no rotor".
>
> win7 64 bits. Radio com port no problem.
>
> I downgrade to version 3,30. Working!!!
>
> 73 Feri

Kiss Ferenc

Hello Jim,

It really works. J

Thanks,

73 Feri

ha7az

Yes there are lots of people working with win7 and no
complaints.... The
prolific PROLIFIC is the problem or better yet its drivers...

73

On 15 August 2011 11:51, Harald_OE6GC <oe6gc@...

**

--- In hamlogger@... <mailto:hamlogger%40yahoogroups.com>
, "Harald_OE6GC" <oe6gc@...> wrote:

Good evening from OE6GC.

Just changed Logger32 to a new PC with Win7/Pro64Bit.
Everything fine
but
cannot run the rotorinterface via the Profilic USB to RS232 adapter.

Is anybody able to point me to a solution please?

73, Harry, OE6GC

--
Jose (Ct1aos)

Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...>