From: Ed Sleight <k4sb@...>
To: <hamlogger@...>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] COM ports vs USB

rovoreed@... wrote:

However, my Win95 system (Pentium P200) now has up to COM10: (2 on
motherboard and 8 on a Brain Boxes Lynx ISA card) and this is incredibly
swift with no "pauses".

Mike
Enlighten us as to where we may purchase this gadget.

73
Ed

Visit these sites for logger and other downloads:
http://www.itis.net/golist/ and...
http://www.chroniclenetworks.com/~dwm/Logger.htm

Gregg's Mail <gah@...>

I am sorry to inform you that Gregg Houck suffered a massive heart attack on
6/28/00 and passed away.

I am Jim Hoffman, one of Gregg's friends, his employer, and a fellow Amateur
(KA3HQR).

If you have furthur inquires, e-mail me jimh@...

Sincerely,
Jim

From: wa2uet@... <wa2uet@...>
To: hamlogger@... <hamlogger@...>
Cc: wwontroba@... <wwontroba@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 11:27 AM

wa2uet@...

wwontroba@... writes:

I have been using a "RocketPort" Multiport Serial Board from Comtrol
(http://www.comtrol.com). I give me 8 (or more) serial ports using 1 IRQ! I
have 10 serial ports (2 in the PC plus 8 on the board) and they all are
operational at the same time.
THAT'S $545 FOR THAT BOARD!!! Gee you could buy another computer for that!

rovoreed@...

My experience of USB is that it is slow, and every now and again my Win98
system just stops, and then bursts into life again (Pentium III). This
happens when using the USB for printing.

However, my Win95 system (Pentium P200) now has up to COM10: (2 on
motherboard and 8 on a Brain Boxes Lynx ISA card) and this is incredibly
swift with no "pauses".

Mike

William Wontroba <wwontroba@...>

I have been using a "RocketPort" Multiport Serial Board from Comtrol
(http://www.comtrol.com). I give me 8 (or more) serial ports using 1 IRQ! I
have 10 serial ports (2 in the PC plus 8 on the board) and they all are
operational at the same time.

Bill
K9PAJ