Date   

Re: SFI

Bob
 

On 10/14/2021 12:33 PM Johan ZS1A <j-s@...> wrote:
 
 
SFI gets it the SFI info when starting Logger32 from the Telnet (VE7CC-1) However sometimes this data is old or wrong from the source.
If I right click on the WWV pane right hand side bottom (Get NOAA Update) then it says I don't have internet connection. I then (thought I am clever) changed the standard URRL in the NOAA popup window. Can I please get the correct URRL for this to work ?
73 ZS1A


SFI

Johan ZS1A
 

SFI gets it the SFI info when starting Logger32 from the Telnet (VE7CC-1) However sometimes this data is old or wrong from the source.
If I right click on the WWV pane right hand side bottom (Get NOAA Update) then it says I don't have internet connection. I then (thought I am clever) changed the standard URRL in the NOAA popup window. Can I please get the correct URRL for this to work ?
73 ZS1A


Re: v4.0.278 auto-update is on-line ...

g4girhb0 <ian.frith@...>
 

Cheers Bob,
Seems good.
 
73
 
    Ian G4GIR
 

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob <k4cy@...>
Sent: 14/10/2021 15:20:24
Subject: [hamlogger] v4.0.278 auto-update is on-line ...

This is primarily a maintenance release. Several small bugs are fixed.
Eelcraft K4 CAT support is added. It is essentially the same as the K3, but as users find differences between the two they will be added to the K4 support. The K4 CAT commands may use a embedded $ in the command. This interferes with the Logger32 practice of making macros like this $command MaryHadALittleLamb;$ now the K4 may have $command Mary$Had$A$Little$Lamb$;$. This won't work, so if your K4 macro includes embedded $, then replace them with chr(36) and your K4 macro becomes $command Marychr(36)Hadchr(36)Achr(36)Littlechr(36)Lambchr(36);$.
Also, in this version, if you are running JTDX with the JTDX control panel connected, you can click on FT4/8 DX Spots on different bands/modes and the JTDX control panel will QSY JTDX.
SeventyThree(s).


v4.0.278 auto-update is on-line ...

Bob
 

This is primarily a maintenance release. Several small bugs are fixed.
 
Eelcraft K4 CAT support is added. It is essentially the same as the K3, but as users find differences between the two they will be added to the K4 support. The K4 CAT commands may use a embedded $ in the command. This interferes with the Logger32 practice of making macros like this $command MaryHadALittleLamb;$ now the K4 may have $command Mary$Had$A$Little$Lamb$;$. This won't work, so if your K4 macro includes embedded $, then replace them with chr(36) and your K4 macro becomes $command Marychr(36)Hadchr(36)Achr(36)Littlechr(36)Lambchr(36);$.
 
Also, in this version, if you are running JTDX with the JTDX control panel connected, you can click on FT4/8 DX Spots on different bands/modes and the JTDX control panel will QSY JTDX.
 
SeventyThree(s).


Re: PowerSDR (as the Radio)

Alec SP2EWQ <aleksander.otulak@...>
 




Bob,

OK - thanks for such a picturesque oxymoronic suggestion.
Appreciated.

Best regards,
Alec




------ Wiadomość oryginalna ------
Od: "Bob" <k4cy@...>
Data: 14.10.2021 15:41:27
Temat: Re: [hamlogger] PowerSDR (as the Radio)

Alec, check out section 35.5 (Page 623) of the help file. With the options avaliable, you should be able to make PowerSDR stand to attention and play Mazurek Dabrowskiego. 73.
On 10/14/2021 9:30 AM Alec SP2EWQ <aleksander.otulak@...> wrote:
 
 
 
 
Bob (et al),
 
sure - let's forget and leave the mode matter behind - my mistake...
Sorry...
 
However, another matter is going SPLIT with PowerSDR.
 
If a spot contains SPLIT information, then for
DIGI modes:          L32 should turn the XIT ON and set the offset frequency in there
Any other:             L32 should turn the VFOB ON and set its freq according to the spot info.
 
To me, L32 does neither...
 
Best regards,
Alec
 
 
 
 
 
------ Wiadomość oryginalna ------
Od: "Bob" < k4cy@...>
Data: 14.10.2021 14:57:36
Temat: Re: [hamlogger] PowerSDR (as the Radio)
 
Alec, is this PowerSDR specific, or does it apply to any/all radios? You might want to take a peek at section 2.6.4 (page 39) of the help file. 73.
On 10/14/2021 5:42 AM Alec SP2EWQ < aleksander.otulak@...> wrote:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hi,
 
if clicked on any DIGI (FT8, FT4, PSK, RTTY, etc.) spot,
the PowerSDR should go to DIGU.
 
If clicked on CW spot,
PowerSDR should preferably go to CWU.
 
In both cases , 
PowerSDR goes to USB, which is wrong and confusing.
 
Any help.
please?
 
Best regards,
Alec
 
 
 
 

 

 


Fw: Refinement Request.

g4girhb0 <ian.frith@...>
 

Ok,
 
Just realised clear all entries already there.
 
 
 

----- Original Message -----
From: Ian <IAN.FRITH@...>
Sent: 14/10/2021 14:42:01
Subject: Refinement Request.

Bob
 
Is it possible to add a few refinements to the DX SPOTS window?
 
1. Have the columns able to be sorted by clicking the column headers.
2. Have the DX SPOTS retained in the window after shutting down so when re-starting the spots still show.
3. Add a date column.
4. Add a function to the RIGHT CLICK  menu to delete all spots in the DX SPOTS window.
 
Thanks
 
73
 
Ian G4GIR
 


Refinement Request.

g4girhb0 <ian.frith@...>
 

Bob
 
Is it possible to add a few refinements to the DX SPOTS window?
 
1. Have the columns able to be sorted by clicking the column headers.
2. Have the DX SPOTS retained in the window after shutting down so when re-starting the spots still show.
3. Add a date column.
4. Add a function to the RIGHT CLICK  menu to delete all spots in the DX SPOTS window.
 
Thanks
 
73
 
Ian G4GIR
 


Re: PowerSDR (as the Radio)

Bob
 

Alec, check out section 35.5 (Page 623) of the help file. With the options avaliable, you should be able to make PowerSDR stand to attention and play Mazurek Dabrowskiego. 73.

On 10/14/2021 9:30 AM Alec SP2EWQ <aleksander.otulak@...> wrote:
 
 
 
 
Bob (et al),
 
sure - let's forget and leave the mode matter behind - my mistake...
Sorry...
 
However, another matter is going SPLIT with PowerSDR.
 
If a spot contains SPLIT information, then for
DIGI modes:          L32 should turn the XIT ON and set the offset frequency in there
Any other:             L32 should turn the VFOB ON and set its freq according to the spot info.
 
To me, L32 does neither...
 
Best regards,
Alec
 
 
 
 
 
------ Wiadomość oryginalna ------
Od: "Bob" < k4cy@...>
Data: 14.10.2021 14:57:36
Temat: Re: [hamlogger] PowerSDR (as the Radio)
 
Alec, is this PowerSDR specific, or does it apply to any/all radios? You might want to take a peek at section 2.6.4 (page 39) of the help file. 73.
On 10/14/2021 5:42 AM Alec SP2EWQ < aleksander.otulak@...> wrote:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hi,
 
if clicked on any DIGI (FT8, FT4, PSK, RTTY, etc.) spot,
the PowerSDR should go to DIGU.
 
If clicked on CW spot,
PowerSDR should preferably go to CWU.
 
In both cases , 
PowerSDR goes to USB, which is wrong and confusing.
 
Any help.
please?
 
Best regards,
Alec
 
 
 
 

 

 


Re: PowerSDR (as the Radio)

Alec SP2EWQ <aleksander.otulak@...>
 



Bob (et al),

sure - let's forget and leave the mode matter behind - my mistake...
Sorry...

However, another matter is going SPLIT with PowerSDR.

If a spot contains SPLIT information, then for
DIGI modes:          L32 should turn the XIT ON and set the offset frequency in there
Any other:             L32 should turn the VFOB ON and set its freq according to the spot info.

To me, L32 does neither...

Best regards,
Alec





------ Wiadomość oryginalna ------
Od: "Bob" <k4cy@...>
Data: 14.10.2021 14:57:36
Temat: Re: [hamlogger] PowerSDR (as the Radio)

Alec, is this PowerSDR specific, or does it apply to any/all radios? You might want to take a peek at section 2.6.4 (page 39) of the help file. 73.
On 10/14/2021 5:42 AM Alec SP2EWQ <aleksander.otulak@...> wrote:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hi,
 
if clicked on any DIGI (FT8, FT4, PSK, RTTY, etc.) spot,
the PowerSDR should go to DIGU.
 
If clicked on CW spot,
PowerSDR should preferably go to CWU.
 
In both cases , 
PowerSDR goes to USB, which is wrong and confusing.
 
Any help.
please?
 
Best regards,
Alec
 
 
 
 


Re: PowerSDR (as the Radio)

Bob
 

Alec, is this PowerSDR specific, or does it apply to any/all radios? You might want to take a peek at section 2.6.4 (page 39) of the help file. 73.

On 10/14/2021 5:42 AM Alec SP2EWQ <aleksander.otulak@...> wrote:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hi,
 
if clicked on any DIGI (FT8, FT4, PSK, RTTY, etc.) spot,
the PowerSDR should go to DIGU.
 
If clicked on CW spot,
PowerSDR should preferably go to CWU.
 
In both cases , 
PowerSDR goes to USB, which is wrong and confusing.
 
Any help.
please?
 
Best regards,
Alec
 
 
 
 


Re: PowerSDR (as the Radio)

Jim Cox
 

What modes do you have setup in your Bands/modes table..  DIGU for FT modes, Rtty for Rtty, CWU or CWL for cw, USB or LSB for SSB, etc.  Works fine here, Jim K4JAF
 

From: Alec SP2EWQ
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2021 4:42 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] PowerSDR (as the Radio)
 
 
 
 
 
Hi,
 
if clicked on any DIGI (FT8, FT4, PSK, RTTY, etc.) spot,
the PowerSDR should go to DIGU.
 
If clicked on CW spot,
PowerSDR should preferably go to CWU.
 
In both cases ,
PowerSDR goes to USB, which is wrong and confusing.

Any help.
please?

Best regards,
Alec


 
 


Re: 2 x JTDX

Bob
 

As there is only one UDP port, only on JTDX can be connected to the UDP BandMap/cherry-picker/etc. However, you could run a second instance of JTDX and log contacts in Logger32 by one of the TCP ports. 73.

On 10/14/2021 6:08 AM Rob <g4ujs@...> wrote:
 
 
Hi All, 

Is it possible to run 2 x JTDX or JTDX and WSJT at the same time with one instance of Logger32?

For Example..... JTDX on HF and WSJT on 2m simultaneously.

Just a thought

73 de Rob G4UJS


2 x JTDX

Rob
 

Hi All, 

Is it possible to run 2 x JTDX or JTDX and WSJT at the same time with one instance of Logger32?

For Example..... JTDX on HF and WSJT on 2m simultaneously.

Just a thought

73 de Rob G4UJS


PowerSDR (as the Radio)

Alec SP2EWQ <aleksander.otulak@...>
 





Hi,

if clicked on any DIGI (FT8, FT4, PSK, RTTY, etc.) spot,
the PowerSDR should go to DIGU.

If clicked on CW spot,
PowerSDR should preferably go to CWU.

In both cases , 
PowerSDR goes to USB, which is wrong and confusing.

Any help.
please?

Best regards,
Alec





Re: DX Spot No QSY Radio.

G4GIR
 

Cheers Bob, I think it makes sense to have that capability.
 
73
 
Ian
 

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob <k4cy@...>
Sent: 13/10/2021 18:07:34
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] DX Spot No QSY Radio.

I have made changes for the next auto-update so that clicking on an FT4/8 DX Spot on a different band/mode sends commands to the JTDX control panel to change band/mode. 73.
On 10/12/2021 3:03 PM G4GIR via groups.io <i.frith@...> wrote:
So things are all good?
73
Ian
----- Original Message -----
From: Bob < k4cy@...>
Reply-To: < hamlogger@groups.io>
Sent: 12/10/2021 19:51:04
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] DX Spot No QSY Radio.

When operating with JTDX, look at the radio pane of the Logger32 lower status bar. You will see that the Logger32 radio port is closed. SeventyThree(s).
On 10/12/2021 2:27 PM G4GIR via groups.io <i.frith@...> wrote:
Hello All

I have a setup using JTDX, L32 and TS990.

If I click on a Band in the JTDX Control panel, the Radio QSY's, JTDX QSY's and L32 logging window QSY's.
If I click on a Frequency in JTDX the Radio QSY's, JTDX QSY's and L32 logging window QSY's.

However
If I click on a DX spot  L32 Logging window populates with the Call and  QRG, the radio doesn't QSY and JTDX doesn't QSY. Is this correct? Tried to find an answer in the manual but no luck.

Clicking on DX Spots when just using the Radio and L32 works OK. Radio QSY's and L32 Logging widow is populated with call and QRG.

Any ideas please.

73

Ian G4GIR


Re: DX Spot No QSY Radio.

Bob
 

I have made changes for the next auto-update so that clicking on an FT4/8 DX Spot on a different band/mode sends commands to the JTDX control panel to change band/mode. 73.

On 10/12/2021 3:03 PM G4GIR via groups.io <i.frith@...> wrote:
 
 
So things are all good?
 
73
 
Ian
 
----- Original Message -----
From: Bob < k4cy@...>
Reply-To: < hamlogger@groups.io>
Sent: 12/10/2021 19:51:04
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] DX Spot No QSY Radio.

When operating with JTDX, look at the radio pane of the Logger32 lower status bar. You will see that the Logger32 radio port is closed. SeventyThree(s).
On 10/12/2021 2:27 PM G4GIR via groups.io <i.frith@...> wrote:
 
 
Hello All

I have a setup using JTDX, L32 and TS990.

If I click on a Band in the JTDX Control panel, the Radio QSY's, JTDX QSY's and L32 logging window QSY's.
If I click on a Frequency in JTDX the Radio QSY's, JTDX QSY's and L32 logging window QSY's.

However
If I click on a DX spot  L32 Logging window populates with the Call and  QRG, the radio doesn't QSY and JTDX doesn't QSY. Is this correct? Tried to find an answer in the manual but no luck.

Clicking on DX Spots when just using the Radio and L32 works OK. Radio QSY's and L32 Logging widow is populated with call and QRG.

Any ideas please.

73

Ian G4GIR


Re: SV2RSG/A

Paul F6EXV
 

It is very unlikely F6EXV would be pirated.
When Mount Athos, or any other "rare" DX is pirated, DX bulletins will inform so.
73
Paul

Le 13/10/2021 à 15:11, Alex Dolgosh via groups.io a écrit :
Is F6EXV listed on Club Log as a pirate for the dates you don’t operate from home?  How do you notify them?

Just asking for a friend…….

73,  Al - K8EUR


On Oct 13, 2021, at 6:39 AM, Paul F6EXV <f6exv@...> wrote:

 Thzerefore, the exception should be the pitate operations, not the real one !
73
Paul

Le 12/10/2021 à 23:38, Gerald Boutin a écrit :
Paul,

Clublog provides the service of keeping track of when callsigns are valid. Otherwise, when there are pirates on, users may think they have worked a real station.

I have never worked Mount Athos myself but have worked several pirate stations claiming to be on Mount Athos. My method is to work them first and let Clublog figure out for me whether the QSO was legitimate or not.

--
Gerald, VE1DT



Re: SV2RSG/A

Alex Dolgosh
 

Is F6EXV listed on Club Log as a pirate for the dates you don’t operate from home?  How do you notify them?

Just asking for a friend…….

73,  Al - K8EUR


On Oct 13, 2021, at 6:39 AM, Paul F6EXV <f6exv@...> wrote:

 Thzerefore, the exception should be the pitate operations, not the real one !
73
Paul

Le 12/10/2021 à 23:38, Gerald Boutin a écrit :
Paul,

Clublog provides the service of keeping track of when callsigns are valid. Otherwise, when there are pirates on, users may think they have worked a real station.

I have never worked Mount Athos myself but have worked several pirate stations claiming to be on Mount Athos. My method is to work them first and let Clublog figure out for me whether the QSO was legitimate or not.

--
Gerald, VE1DT


Re: SV2RSG/A

Paul F6EXV
 

Thzerefore, the exception should be the pitate operations, not the real one !
73
Paul

Le 12/10/2021 à 23:38, Gerald Boutin a écrit :

Paul,

Clublog provides the service of keeping track of when callsigns are valid. Otherwise, when there are pirates on, users may think they have worked a real station.

I have never worked Mount Athos myself but have worked several pirate stations claiming to be on Mount Athos. My method is to work them first and let Clublog figure out for me whether the QSO was legitimate or not.

--
Gerald, VE1DT


Re: SV2RSG/A

Fabio IZ8MBW
 

https://clublog.freshdesk.com/support/home



Il mar, 12 ott, 2021 alle 23:39, Paul F6EXV
<f6exv@...> ha scritto:
So an exception to what ?
SV2RSG/A is always Mount Athos when he is on, like F6EXV is always France when he is on...
73
Paul

Le 12/10/2021 à 21:27, Fabio IZ8MBW via groups.io a écrit :
Good.
He is resident but not always on air, this is why Club Log uses specific exception.

Club Log respect the specific dates for exception, this is the power of Club Log.


Il mar, 12 ott, 2021 alle 21:23, Paul F6EXV
<f6exv@...> ha scritto:
Did I say that ?
Monk Iakovos is occasionnally active, and from Mount Athos.
This current operation is probably operated by SV1RP who is visiting him and help put up antennas.
I have worked him on May 8th 2020, to just give one example.
Again, he is a resident there !
73
Paul F6EXV

Le 12/10/2021 à 21:01, Fabio IZ8MBW via groups.io a écrit :
Resident doesn't mean always active on air.

Anyway you are free to send an Email to that monk and ask why he is on air only in that specific dates.

Provide us the answer so we can provide info to Club Log to do a fine tuning on that exception.


73s

Il mar, 12 ott, 2021 alle 20:14, Paul F6EXV
<f6exv@...> ha scritto:
The monk is a resident, and is active occasionnally....

Le 12/10/2021 à 17:22, Fabio IZ8MBW via groups.io a écrit :
Club Log respect what is the plan.
If this station will be active up to 14 October, the exception is valid up to 14 October.


73
Fabio, IZ8MBW



On Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 05:04:24 PM GMT+2, Paul F6EXV <f6exv@...> wrote:


This is only for the current operation, but SV2RSG/A, operated by the monk, is always Mount Athos. So why make such an exception ?
If he is in Greece, he will not have the /A
73
Paul F6EXV

Le 12/10/2021 à 16:54, Bob a écrit :
And now it is in the Club Log cty.xml download:
 
<exception record='49217'>
    <call>SV2RSG/A</call>
    <entity>MOUNT ATHOS</entity>
    <adif>180</adif>
    <cqz>20</cqz>
    <cont>EU</cont>
    <long>24.21</long>
    <lat>40.27</lat>
    <start>2021-10-10T00:00:00+00:00</start>
    <end>2021-10-14T23:59:59+00:00</end>
</exception>
 
It will disappear again with the Friday Club Log update. SeventyThree(s).
 




2381 - 2400 of 88444