Date   

Re: A status report ...

F4FQH Olivier
 

Aki thanks for the info, will see Jim.
 
73
Olivier
F4FQH
 
 

From: ja1nlx
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 3:12 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] A status report ...
 

Oliver

Ask Jim W5IFP to join L32Test group. L32Test group is dedicated for testing ver4.0.

73

On 2020/07/14 9:51, F4FQH Olivier wrote:
Hi Bob
 
Where could i find the V4 ?
 
Tks
Olivier
F4FQH
 
From: Bob
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2020 9:33 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] A status report ...
 
Just to update you on the ver 4.0 testing so far ... At the moment we've run out of ver 4.0 bugs. As added incentive to the testers (thanks to all) I have offered free maintenance for a year to any/all who find the next 4.0 bug. And, if it is a really interesting bug, the actual upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0 is offered free.

As a reminder, the primary objectives of 4.0 were to increase the maximum logbook capacity to 1M+ QSOs and to replace the original Microsoft serial port control.
 
Also, just to keep the party exciting, I have finished a little FT4/FT8 add-on ...

It can change JTDX Bands/Modes, and take FT4/FT8 DX Spots and feed them directly into JTDX. Looking at the picture, you can see that JTDX is on 20M/FT4. The developers of JTDX and WSJT have shown little/no interest in opening their external interface to logging programs.  So testing of the Control Panel has been difficult. It works, but not reliably enough to publicly release.
 
So, what we need is for a competent Python savvy programmer to step up and make some simple changes to the JTDX code to allow exchange of messages with Logger32. A word of caution - This is not for the faint hearted. While the actual changes are simple, all the GNU/GPL/BLAH/BLAH rules/regulations/guidelines need to be complied with, and the pay is lousy.
 
We really do need someone to help out. Thanks, 73.
--
73 de aki
JA1NLX


Re: Scratchpad......

Bob
 

Is it possible that the scratchpad option CLOSE SCRATCHPAD WHEN EMPTY is enabled. If it is, attempting to open the scratchpad with an empty callsign field in the logbook entry window will not be overly productive. SeventyThree(s).

On 07/14/2020 4:41 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:


If you right click on the callsign field of the logbook entry window, then click the MOVE LOG ENTRY TO SCRATCHPAD menu does the little bugger come out of hiding? SeventyThree(s).
On 07/14/2020 4:31 PM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:


Hi all,

For some reason CTRL-Z is not opening the scratchpad.  Its not underneath anything else and it's not in the list of "lost windows"

Is it me?

Vince G0ORC


Re: Scratchpad......

Bob
 

If you right click on the callsign field of the logbook entry window, then click the MOVE LOG ENTRY TO SCRATCHPAD menu does the little bugger come out of hiding? SeventyThree(s).

On 07/14/2020 4:31 PM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:


Hi all,

For some reason CTRL-Z is not opening the scratchpad.  Its not underneath anything else and it's not in the list of "lost windows"

Is it me?

Vince G0ORC


Scratchpad......

Vince Shirley
 

Hi all,

For some reason CTRL-Z is not opening the scratchpad.  Its not underneath anything else and it's not in the list of "lost windows"

Is it me?

Vince G0ORC


Re: A status report ...

kenfilmer@outlook.com
 

For Jim, W5IFP

 

Jim

 

If you need any more bodies to test V4 I will be happy to do so in order to pay something back for many years use of an excellent logging programme.

 

However you need to know that my computer skills are not up there in the higher echelons!

 

73

 

Ken

G3XPO

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> on behalf of ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 2:12:21 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] A status report ...
 

Oliver

Ask Jim W5IFP to join L32Test group. L32Test group is dedicated for testing ver4.0.

73

On 2020/07/14 9:51, F4FQH Olivier wrote:
Hi Bob
 
Where could i find the V4 ?
 
Tks
Olivier
F4FQH
 
From: Bob
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2020 9:33 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] A status report ...
 
Just to update you on the ver 4.0 testing so far ... At the moment we've run out of ver 4.0 bugs. As added incentive to the testers (thanks to all) I have offered free maintenance for a year to any/all who find the next 4.0 bug. And, if it is a really interesting bug, the actual upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0 is offered free.

As a reminder, the primary objectives of 4.0 were to increase the maximum logbook capacity to 1M+ QSOs and to replace the original Microsoft serial port control.
 
Also, just to keep the party exciting, I have finished a little FT4/FT8 add-on ...

It can change JTDX Bands/Modes, and take FT4/FT8 DX Spots and feed them directly into JTDX. Looking at the picture, you can see that JTDX is on 20M/FT4. The developers of JTDX and WSJT have shown little/no interest in opening their external interface to logging programs.  So testing of the Control Panel has been difficult. It works, but not reliably enough to publicly release.
 
So, what we need is for a competent Python savvy programmer to step up and make some simple changes to the JTDX code to allow exchange of messages with Logger32. A word of caution - This is not for the faint hearted. While the actual changes are simple, all the GNU/GPL/BLAH/BLAH rules/regulations/guidelines need to be complied with, and the pay is lousy.
 
We really do need someone to help out. Thanks, 73.
--
73 de aki
JA1NLX


Re: A status report ...

ja1nlx
 

Oliver

Ask Jim W5IFP to join L32Test group. L32Test group is dedicated for testing ver4.0.

73

On 2020/07/14 9:51, F4FQH Olivier wrote:
Hi Bob
 
Where could i find the V4 ?
 
Tks
Olivier
F4FQH
 
From: Bob
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2020 9:33 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] A status report ...
 
Just to update you on the ver 4.0 testing so far ... At the moment we've run out of ver 4.0 bugs. As added incentive to the testers (thanks to all) I have offered free maintenance for a year to any/all who find the next 4.0 bug. And, if it is a really interesting bug, the actual upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0 is offered free.

As a reminder, the primary objectives of 4.0 were to increase the maximum logbook capacity to 1M+ QSOs and to replace the original Microsoft serial port control.
 
Also, just to keep the party exciting, I have finished a little FT4/FT8 add-on ...

It can change JTDX Bands/Modes, and take FT4/FT8 DX Spots and feed them directly into JTDX. Looking at the picture, you can see that JTDX is on 20M/FT4. The developers of JTDX and WSJT have shown little/no interest in opening their external interface to logging programs.  So testing of the Control Panel has been difficult. It works, but not reliably enough to publicly release.
 
So, what we need is for a competent Python savvy programmer to step up and make some simple changes to the JTDX code to allow exchange of messages with Logger32. A word of caution - This is not for the faint hearted. While the actual changes are simple, all the GNU/GPL/BLAH/BLAH rules/regulations/guidelines need to be complied with, and the pay is lousy.
 
We really do need someone to help out. Thanks, 73.
--
73 de aki
JA1NLX


Re: A status report ...

F4FQH Olivier
 

Hi Bob
 
Where could i find the V4 ?
 
Tks
Olivier
F4FQH
 

From: Bob
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2020 9:33 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] A status report ...
 
Just to update you on the ver 4.0 testing so far ... At the moment we've run out of ver 4.0 bugs. As added incentive to the testers (thanks to all) I have offered free maintenance for a year to any/all who find the next 4.0 bug. And, if it is a really interesting bug, the actual upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0 is offered free.

As a reminder, the primary objectives of 4.0 were to increase the maximum logbook capacity to 1M+ QSOs and to replace the original Microsoft serial port control.
 
Also, just to keep the party exciting, I have finished a little FT4/FT8 add-on ...

It can change JTDX Bands/Modes, and take FT4/FT8 DX Spots and feed them directly into JTDX. Looking at the picture, you can see that JTDX is on 20M/FT4. The developers of JTDX and WSJT have shown little/no interest in opening their external interface to logging programs.  So testing of the Control Panel has been difficult. It works, but not reliably enough to publicly release.
 
So, what we need is for a competent Python savvy programmer to step up and make some simple changes to the JTDX code to allow exchange of messages with Logger32. A word of caution - This is not for the faint hearted. While the actual changes are simple, all the GNU/GPL/BLAH/BLAH rules/regulations/guidelines need to be complied with, and the pay is lousy.
 
We really do need someone to help out. Thanks, 73.


Re: A status report ...

John Munton - G7SSE
 

Not until Scottish independence Bob

;-)

73! John - G7SSE 

------ Original Message ------
From: "Bob" <k4cy@...>
Sent: 13/07/2020 20:40:35
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] A status report ...

Now that BREXIT is finalized, don't you guys get to start from scratch again? 73.
 
On 07/13/2020 3:36 PM Tom Wylie <thomasgwylie@...> wrote:
 
 
Hmmmm only a million? I'd better slow down..... :-)
 
Tom
GM4FDM
 
On 13/07/2020 20:33, Bob wrote:
> Just to update you on the ver 4.0 testing so far ... At the moment we've
> run out of ver 4.0 bugs. As added incentive to the testers (thanks to
> all) I have offered free maintenance for a year to any/all who find the
> next 4.0 bug. And, if it is a really interesting bug, the actual upgrade
> from 3.5 to 4.0 is offered free.
>
> As a reminder, the primary objectives of 4.0 were to increase the
> maximum logbook capacity to 1M+ QSOs and to replace the original
> Microsoft serial port control.
>
> Also, just to keep the party exciting, I have finished a little FT4/FT8
> add-on ...
>
> It can change JTDX Bands/Modes, and take FT4/FT8 DX Spots and feed them
> directly into JTDX. Looking at the picture, you can see that JTDX is on
> 20M/FT4. The developers of JTDX and WSJT have shown little/no interest
> in opening their external interface to logging programs.  So testing of
> the Control Panel has been difficult. It works, but not reliably enough
> to publicly release.
>
> So, what we need is for a competent Python savvy programmer to step up
> and make some simple changes to the JTDX code to allow exchange of
> messages with Logger32. A word of caution - This is not for the faint
> hearted. While the actual changes are simple, all the GNU/GPL/BLAH/BLAH
> rules/regulations/guidelines need to be complied with, and the pay is
> lousy.
>
> We really do need someone to help out. Thanks, 73.
>
 
 
 
 

--
73, John - G7SSE


Re: A status report ...

Bob
 

Now that BREXIT is finalized, don't you guys get to start from scratch again? 73.

On 07/13/2020 3:36 PM Tom Wylie <thomasgwylie@gmail.com> wrote:


Hmmmm only a million? I'd better slow down..... :-)

Tom
GM4FDM

On 13/07/2020 20:33, Bob wrote:
Just to update you on the ver 4.0 testing so far ... At the moment we've
run out of ver 4.0 bugs. As added incentive to the testers (thanks to
all) I have offered free maintenance for a year to any/all who find the
next 4.0 bug. And, if it is a really interesting bug, the actual upgrade
from 3.5 to 4.0 is offered free.

As a reminder, the primary objectives of 4.0 were to increase the
maximum logbook capacity to 1M+ QSOs and to replace the original
Microsoft serial port control.

Also, just to keep the party exciting, I have finished a little FT4/FT8
add-on ...

It can change JTDX Bands/Modes, and take FT4/FT8 DX Spots and feed them
directly into JTDX. Looking at the picture, you can see that JTDX is on
20M/FT4. The developers of JTDX and WSJT have shown little/no interest
in opening their external interface to logging programs.  So testing of
the Control Panel has been difficult. It works, but not reliably enough
to publicly release.

So, what we need is for a competent Python savvy programmer to step up
and make some simple changes to the JTDX code to allow exchange of
messages with Logger32. A word of caution - This is not for the faint
hearted. While the actual changes are simple, all the GNU/GPL/BLAH/BLAH
rules/regulations/guidelines need to be complied with, and the pay is
lousy.

We really do need someone to help out. Thanks, 73.


Re: A status report ...

Tom Wylie
 

Hmmmm only a million? I'd better slow down..... :-)

Tom
GM4FDM

On 13/07/2020 20:33, Bob wrote:
Just to update you on the ver 4.0 testing so far ... At the moment we've run out of ver 4.0 bugs. As added incentive to the testers (thanks to all) I have offered free maintenance for a year to any/all who find the next 4.0 bug. And, if it is a really interesting bug, the actual upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0 is offered free.
As a reminder, the primary objectives of 4.0 were to increase the maximum logbook capacity to 1M+ QSOs and to replace the original Microsoft serial port control.
Also, just to keep the party exciting, I have finished a little FT4/FT8 add-on ...
It can change JTDX Bands/Modes, and take FT4/FT8 DX Spots and feed them directly into JTDX. Looking at the picture, you can see that JTDX is on 20M/FT4. The developers of JTDX and WSJT have shown little/no interest in opening their external interface to logging programs.  So testing of the Control Panel has been difficult. It works, but not reliably enough to publicly release.
So, what we need is for a competent Python savvy programmer to step up and make some simple changes to the JTDX code to allow exchange of messages with Logger32. A word of caution - This is not for the faint hearted. While the actual changes are simple, all the GNU/GPL/BLAH/BLAH rules/regulations/guidelines need to be complied with, and the pay is lousy.
We really do need someone to help out. Thanks, 73.


A status report ...

Bob
 

Just to update you on the ver 4.0 testing so far ... At the moment we've run out of ver 4.0 bugs. As added incentive to the testers (thanks to all) I have offered free maintenance for a year to any/all who find the next 4.0 bug. And, if it is a really interesting bug, the actual upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0 is offered free.

As a reminder, the primary objectives of 4.0 were to increase the maximum logbook capacity to 1M+ QSOs and to replace the original Microsoft serial port control.

Also, just to keep the party exciting, I have finished a little FT4/FT8 add-on ...

It can change JTDX Bands/Modes, and take FT4/FT8 DX Spots and feed them directly into JTDX. Looking at the picture, you can see that JTDX is on 20M/FT4. The developers of JTDX and WSJT have shown little/no interest in opening their external interface to logging programs.  So testing of the Control Panel has been difficult. It works, but not reliably enough to publicly release.

So, what we need is for a competent Python savvy programmer to step up and make some simple changes to the JTDX code to allow exchange of messages with Logger32. A word of caution - This is not for the faint hearted. While the actual changes are simple, all the GNU/GPL/BLAH/BLAH rules/regulations/guidelines need to be complied with, and the pay is lousy.

We really do need someone to help out. Thanks, 73.


Re: Generic QSOs page grid - how to change

Bob
 

Martin, likewise, I am disappointed. So sad. Maybe it's just me, I'm old and was born two generations before the age of entitlement. You are of course eligible for the 'full refund if not fully satisfied'. SeventyThree(s).

PS. Let me know when your logging program is released, I'm sure it will be awesome. I'll gladly be the first to genuflect.

On 07/12/2020 8:34 AM Martin G0HDB <marting0hdb@...> wrote:


On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 12:13 PM, Bob wrote:
I suspect there is no option for this. SeventyThree(s).
Thanks Bob, that's rather disappointing - displaying the number of the DXCC entity doesn't exactly convey any particularly useful information...  :-)

I'll take a look at the suggestion that John G7SSE has made; maybe using PFX will satisfy my wish to be able to see either the prefix or the name of the entity rather than just its rather meaningless number!

73
--
Martin G0HDB


Re: Generic QSOs page grid - how to change

Martin G0HDB
 

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 12:13 PM, Bob wrote:
I suspect there is no option for this. SeventyThree(s).
Thanks Bob, that's rather disappointing - displaying the number of the DXCC entity doesn't exactly convey any particularly useful information...  :-)

I'll take a look at the suggestion that John G7SSE has made; maybe using PFX will satisfy my wish to be able to see either the prefix or the name of the entity rather than just its rather meaningless number!

73
--
Martin G0HDB


Re: Generic QSOs page grid - how to change

John Munton - G7SSE
 

Martin

There is a prefix (PFX) field that can be displayed, does this achieve what you require?


--
73, John - G7SSE


Re: Generic QSOs page grid - how to change

Bob
 

I suspect there is no option for this. SeventyThree(s).

On 07/12/2020 6:34 AM Martin G0HDB <marting0hdb@...> wrote:


I'm pretty much a raw beginner when it comes to using Logger32 but I'm gradually familiarising myself with its capabilities, but I've come across one configuration aspect that's got me stumped.

When I select, for example, Awards > VUCC and then click on one of the worked or confirmed QSOs in the displayed list of locator squares worked, a new window opens and displays all the QSOs relevant to that particular locator.  I've managed to reconfigure the QSOs grid to show the fields I want and in the order I want; one of those fields is DXCC.  However... 

I want to display the ARRL prefix in the DXCC column in the grid, rather than the default of the DXCC number; when I right-click on the column header the 'Generic QSOs Window' opens to enable modification to the column but all the boxes under the 'Make changes to the Generic QSOs Page grid' heading on the RHS of the window are greyed-out (apart from the multi-line header check-box) so it's not possible to check the 'DXCC Column as ARRL Prefix' option instead of the default of 'DXCC Column as ADIF DXCC'.

Try as I might I've been unable to find out how to make the change I want to the Generic QSOs Page grid; can someone point me in the right direction, please!

FWIW, I managed to make the aforementioned change to the DXCC column in the Logbook grid without any difficulty!

73, and thanks in advance.

--
Martin G0HDB


Generic QSOs page grid - how to change

Martin G0HDB
 

I'm pretty much a raw beginner when it comes to using Logger32 but I'm gradually familiarising myself with its capabilities, but I've come across one configuration aspect that's got me stumped.

When I select, for example, Awards > VUCC and then click on one of the worked or confirmed QSOs in the displayed list of locator squares worked, a new window opens and displays all the QSOs relevant to that particular locator.  I've managed to reconfigure the QSOs grid to show the fields I want and in the order I want; one of those fields is DXCC.  However... 

I want to display the ARRL prefix in the DXCC column in the grid, rather than the default of the DXCC number; when I right-click on the column header the 'Generic QSOs Window' opens to enable modification to the column but all the boxes under the 'Make changes to the Generic QSOs Page grid' heading on the RHS of the window are greyed-out (apart from the multi-line header check-box) so it's not possible to check the 'DXCC Column as ARRL Prefix' option instead of the default of 'DXCC Column as ADIF DXCC'.

Try as I might I've been unable to find out how to make the change I want to the Generic QSOs Page grid; can someone point me in the right direction, please!

FWIW, I managed to make the aforementioned change to the DXCC column in the Logbook grid without any difficulty!

73, and thanks in advance.

--
Martin G0HDB


Re: My appreciation and thanks via twitter

Bob
 

Thank you.

On 07/11/2020 12:15 PM YV5EN - Edwin via groups.io <yv5en@...> wrote:


About the Amateur Radio logging program I use since 2006: https://twitter.com/YV5EN/status/1281978032845193216

And also displayed in my QRZ.com web page.
14 years of appreciation for such extraordinary job dear Bob and L32 team
--

73
Edwin - YV5EN

web:  www.qsl.net/yv5en
Tweet: @YV5EN


My appreciation and thanks via twitter

YV5EN - Edwin
 

About the Amateur Radio logging program I use since 2006: https://twitter.com/YV5EN/status/1281978032845193216

And also displayed in my QRZ.com web page.
14 years of appreciation for such extraordinary job dear Bob and L32 team
--

73
Edwin - YV5EN

web:  www.qsl.net/yv5en
Tweet: @YV5EN


File /UK and Ireland WAB and WAI Award Database Files/ADIFCountriesWithPrimarySubdivisions.txt uploaded #file-notice

hamlogger@groups.io Notification <hamlogger@...>
 

The following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the hamlogger@groups.io group.

By: DamianM0BKV

Description:
Replacement File for the main Logger32 Folder. Includes the 8 UK countries. Necessary if using the Worked All Britain (WAB) award databases.


Re: Primary and Secondary Admin Problem

Damian M0BKV
 

Thanks Bob All fixed, and thanks to John G7SSE for the countries that needed to be added to ‘ADIF Countries with Primary Subdivision.TXT’ File in the Logger32 folder. I noticed ‘245 Ireland’ was already there. Just the UK’s 8 countries missing.

A simple edit with Microsoft Notepad fixed it.

 

My UK counties with the governments 1974 and after changes isn’t valid as a secondary Admin sub division but no longer used for WAB (regular changes made it impossible to include by WAB). Ireland counties, Navigation Aids and Trig Points work fine.  

 

I’m hoping to get an App (similar to SOTA award claims)  that will filter out from the ADI file what is produced from the Logger32 Logbook only WAB/WAI QSOs and then converting it to Excel. This, hopefully, will make claims to WAB for awards simpler than the present claiming. We will see.

 

Thanks again to everyone that contributed to solving this problem.

 

Damian M0BKV

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Bob
Sent: 11 July 2020 00:09
To: hamlogger@groups.io; DamianM0BKV via groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Primary and Secondary Admin Problem

 

I have no idea, but to maintain just the slightest modicum of compliance with the ADIF Meisters edicts, you (hopefully) will find a file in your \Logger32 directory called ADIFCountriesWithPrimarySubdivisions.txt if y'all are not on the list, Logger32 probably won't like you playing with the big boys. It's a text file, let your fingers do the walking. SeventyThree(s)

On 07/10/2020 6:56 PM DamianM0BKV via groups.io <kammdp@...> wrote:

 

 

I've noticed for some time, probably a couple of years, since there was a change to the re-definition of the original STATE and CNTY fields.and is now primary and Secondary. (I think this happened after Version 2.8.1 of Logger32 according to the help files). Not sure, anyway awhile back certain features didn't work the same.

I added the Worked All Britain awards to my Primary and Secondary Database years ago, This consisted of adding to the Primary Admin Database the UK and Ireland (Eira) WAB/WAI square references. And added to the Secondary Admin Database the UK Counties, Admiralty Navigation references (Lighthouses, Lightships, etc) and Ordnance Survey Trig Points. 

Well the WAB/WAI square references were added to the individual countries England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, etc. When this is now carried out the countries disappear from the database lists if you try to find them. They are there but not visible and can't easily be recovered for updating etc. When you enter a valid reference  (WAB/WAI Square) in the log it registers correctly but entering the Secondary Admin associated county or whatever reference is not possible until the QSO has finished logging, only then can you add the county (or whatever) by right-clicking the QSO entry in the Logbook Page and clicking on 'Edit Admi Subdivision Info' and then it's possible to enter it in the pop-up.  This should have been possible earlier with the Logbook QSO Entry Window.

I know as this is an add on to the awards that I created it's not supported by Logger32 but I was hoping help could be given to me to solve the problem. It was all working when I first added the UK awards module.

Damian M0BKV

 

2161 - 2180 of 82841