Date   

Printing log pages

David Perry <bumbledp@...>
 

I tried to save my l32 log pages so that I can print them.out and keep with my old log books.  I failed...

How do I do this?  When I tried to export or save as one of the various file types offered -  which types I dont understand-  it kept trying to OPEN a file from my pc. rather than save as.

I just want to save and print.  Is there an easy way?

David G4YVM 


Re: Another DVK question.

Gerry VE6LB
 


I've clugged the problem by editing the .wav file using Audacity to insert a few milliseconds of dead air at the start of the file.
73, VE6LB

On 28/02/2020 16:16, Gerry VE6LB wrote:

This post triggered my interest in using the L32 DVK again. I noted  something that I've likely just overlooked in HELP.
 
I'm PTTing my FTdx9000D by radio command and find clicking a DVK macro button, there is a no voice delay before PTT activates and this cuts off the first couple letters of my call.

73, Gerry VE6LB


On 28/02/2020 07:56, Andy VA3PL wrote:
Thanks Bob for implementing <ESC> to DVK. Work fine.
I do have more request when you in the mood to do it... 🙂
1-Can we have more buttons.  Twelve would be nice to have or as many as in CW machine.
2-Can we have staggering capability (multiple pressing of the same or other buttons). Same way as in CW machine.
3-Can we have buttons associated with F# (function) keys same way as in CW machine. EG: F1 call CQ, F2 his report....and so on. You know what I am talking about.
Then perhaps it should be renamed to Digital Voice Machine or DVM... 🙂

SMILE

Thanks

SeventyThree
Andy SP9KR


--
73, Gerry VE6LB ve6lb@... ve6lb.ve6hams.com

--
73, Gerry VE6LB ve6lb@... ve6lb.ve6hams.com


Re: Logger 32:new computer

Jim Hargrave
 

Don’t forget the config files for the individual windows/functions.

In addition to the Logger32.ini there are several INI,DB and TXT files that complete the full package.

Hence the recommendation to make a full backup so all necessary files will be saved.

 

Another way to transfer the program is to copy the entire Logger32 folder to the new computer, then run  the 3.50 full install in your new folder and it will copy the necessary operating system files and leave your config files intact.

 

Jim – w5ifp-

 

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Fravel
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 5:36 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Logger 32:new computer

 

Copy your old logger32.ini into the new installation and you should be OK.  I would also create an .adi file of your old log and once the install is up and running with all the updates and club log updates then copy the .ini file and import the .adi file. You should be in business.  May have to reset you clusters but that should do it.

Larry K8YYY

--
Today is a good day to have a GREAT Day!


Re: Logger 32:new computer

Larry Fravel
 

Copy your old logger32.ini into the new installation and you should be OK.  I would also create an .adi file of your old log and once the install is up and running with all the updates and club log updates then copy the .ini file and import the .adi file. You should be in business.  May have to reset you clusters but that should do it.

Larry K8YYY

--
Today is a good day to have a GREAT Day!


Re: Another DVK question.

Gerry VE6LB
 


This post triggered my interest in using the L32 DVK again. I noted  something that I've likely just overlooked in HELP.
 
I'm PTTing my FTdx9000D by radio command and find clicking a DVK macro button, there is a no voice delay before PTT activates and this cuts off the first couple letters of my call.

73, Gerry VE6LB


On 28/02/2020 07:56, Andy VA3PL wrote:
Thanks Bob for implementing <ESC> to DVK. Work fine.
I do have more request when you in the mood to do it... 🙂
1-Can we have more buttons.  Twelve would be nice to have or as many as in CW machine.
2-Can we have staggering capability (multiple pressing of the same or other buttons). Same way as in CW machine.
3-Can we have buttons associated with F# (function) keys same way as in CW machine. EG: F1 call CQ, F2 his report....and so on. You know what I am talking about.
Then perhaps it should be renamed to Digital Voice Machine or DVM... 🙂

SMILE

Thanks

SeventyThree
Andy SP9KR


--
73, Gerry VE6LB ve6lb@... ve6lb.ve6hams.com


Re: Logger 32:new computer

Jim Hargrave
 

Bryan,

a)      The best way is to make full backups on the old setup. Suggest you export your logbook to an ADI file

b)      Run a full install and let it update on the new computer

c)       Unpack your backup files in the new folder.

d)      Import the logbook adi file

Good luck. You may encounter a few errors, such as fonts and window size etc.

 

Jim – w5ifp-

 

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bryan Sanders
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 3:52 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Logger 32:new computer

 

I have been running logger32 on an older computer. I have logbook and user settings saved on a 16 gb flash drive. Where would I need to go once I load logger 32 on the new computer. Want to have it look the same as it was on the old computer. 


thanks, Bryan,NU8J 


Logger 32:new computer

Bryan Sanders <flyfshn76@...>
 

I have been running logger32 on an older computer. I have logbook and user settings saved on a 16 gb flash drive. Where would I need to go once I load logger 32 on the new computer. Want to have it look the same as it was on the old computer. 


thanks, Bryan,NU8J 


Re: Problem with WAZ Highlights in DX Spot Window

Jim Hargrave
 

A fix is currently being verified by the Beta group.

Will be in the next autoupdate.

Jim – w5ifp-

 

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of ANGEL WP4G
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 9:43 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Problem with WAZ Highlights in DX Spot Window

 

Same here, disable tracking until fix is out.


Re: Problem with WAZ Highlights in DX Spot Window

ANGEL WP4G
 

Same here, disable tracking until fix is out.


Re: DX spots have stopped

Jan
 

Is your Telnet callsign the same as the cluster callsign?

Don't know if this matters but mine are the same and telnet populates the dxspot window here.
73
Jan (hi) PA4JJ

Op 28-2-2020 om 15:33 schreef KX2A:
JA1NLX,

I renamed Logger32.INI (sic) to Logger32.INI.old.  Logger32 started as if it were the first time.  I connected to K2LS, which was already in Telnet, and did a sh/dx in the telnet window.  A dx list appeared in Telnet, but there were no entries in the DX spots window.

73,

Jan, KX2A






-- 
____________________________________________________
my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:  
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388


DVK

Andy VA3PL
 

Thanks Bob for implementing <ESC> to DVK. Work fine.
I do have more request when you in the mood to do it... 🙂
1-Can we have more buttons.  Twelve would be nice to have or as many as in CW machine.
2-Can we have staggering capability (multiple pressing of the same or other buttons). Same way as in CW machine.
3-Can we have buttons associated with F# (function) keys same way as in CW machine. EG: F1 call CQ, F2 his report....and so on. You know what I am talking about.
Then perhaps it should be renamed to Digital Voice Machine or DVM... 🙂

SMILE

Thanks

SeventyThree
Andy SP9KR


Re: DX spots have stopped

KX2A
 

JA1NLX,

I renamed Logger32.INI (sic) to Logger32.INI.old.  Logger32 started as if it were the first time.  I connected to K2LS, which was already in Telnet, and did a sh/dx in the telnet window.  A dx list appeared in Telnet, but there were no entries in the DX spots window.

73,

Jan, KX2A


Re: DX spots have stopped

Jim Hargrave
 

Jan,
Did you press <Enter> after your !callsign?

Jim – w5ifp-

-----Original Message-----
From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On
Behalf Of KX2A
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 7:27 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] DX spots have stopped

JA1NLX,

I typed !KX2A into the callsign field in the entry window and nothing
happened in the DX Spot window or in the telnet window. That is
an exclamation point in front of my callsign.

73,

Jan, KX2A



Re: DX spots have stopped

ja1nlx
 

Jan

It looks DX spot window not working.

Try virgin Logger32.ini and see whether DX spot are displayed in DX spot window.

Virgin Logger32.ini ?

Yes look for Logger32.ini in Logger32 folder. Rename it to Logger32.ini.OLD. Run Logger32.

Logger32 open with default settings. Connect to any telnet host and see whether DX spot

are displayed in DX spot window.

73

On 2020/02/28 22:26, KX2A wrote:
JA1NLX,

I typed !KX2A into the callsign field in the entry window and nothing happened in the DX Spot window or in the telnet window. That is an exclamation point in front of my callsign.

73,

Jan, KX2A


--
73 de aki
JA1NLX


Re: HamCap 2020 SSN.dat

Michael Harris
 

Just go to the obvious place, the source of the application:

http://www.dxatlas.com/Download.asp

Scroll down to Ssn.dat

On 28/02/2020 10:03, Gerald Boutin wrote:
On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 03:43 AM, Gary Wilson wrote:
If you use the add on HamCap program for propagation prediction, you
may find that it doesn't work beyond December 2019.  That's because
the predicted sunspot numbers within it ended in December 2019.
See https://swling.com/blog/2020/01/ham-cap-and-voa-prop-fixing-ssn-look-up-files/ for a replacement SSN.dat  file that can simply be pasted into it's
app data directory to update it.
This solved the problem for me.
73
Gary, K2GW
Gary,
Thanks for the reminder. However, the link you referenced is pointing to data from VP9KF's "guesses" in 2018.
I would recommend instead using the updated SSN number info for Hamcap directly from the Hamcap author's site.
http://www.dxatlas.com/Download.asp
--
Gerald, VE1DT


Re: DX spots have stopped

KX2A
 

JA1NLX,

I typed !KX2A into the callsign field in the entry window and nothing happened in the DX Spot window or in the telnet window. That is an exclamation point in front of my callsign.

73,

Jan, KX2A


Re: HamCap 2020 SSN.dat

Gerald Boutin
 

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 03:43 AM, Gary Wilson wrote:

If you use the add on HamCap program for propagation prediction, you may find that it doesn't work beyond December 2019.  That's because the predicted sunspot numbers within it ended in December 2019.

See https://swling.com/blog/2020/01/ham-cap-and-voa-prop-fixing-ssn-look-up-files/  for a replacement SSN.dat  file that can simply be pasted into it's app data directory to update it.

This solved the problem for me.

 

73

Gary, K2GW

Gary,

Thanks for the reminder. However, the link you referenced is pointing to data from VP9KF's "guesses" in 2018.

I would recommend instead using the updated SSN number info for Hamcap directly from the Hamcap author's site. 

http://www.dxatlas.com/Download.asp

--
Gerald, VE1DT


Re: Can't edit contacts in the logbook

Ken McVie <kenmc@...>
 

These are the settings in my OLD .INI file

Logbook Page Index = 45
Logbook page Index column = 0

I will play again tomorrow, it's bed time here. Many thanks for the help so far!!!

73
Ken


On 28/02/2020 10:09 pm, ja1nlx wrote:

Ken

Delete Logger32.ini.

Rename Logger32.ini.OLD to Logger32.ini again.

Open Logger32.ini with text editor.

Maybe something wrong in [wndLogbookPage Settings] section.

Delete all lines in this section. Run Logger32. How now ?

[wndLogbookPage Settings]
Logbook Page Index= 0
Logbook Page Index Column= 3

73

On 2020/02/28 17:59, Ken McVie wrote:
That works ok. Now how do I find the difference in the two INI files??

73
Ken

On 28/02/2020 9:53 pm, ja1nlx wrote:

Ken

Try with virgin Logger32.ini.

Look for Logger32.ini in the Logger32 folder. Rename it Logger32.ini.OLD.

Run Logger32. Try edit in Logbook page window. How now ?

73

On 2020/02/28 17:44, Ken McVie wrote:
I should add that I have done this lots in the past without trouble.

73
Ken ZL4NR

On 28/02/2020 9:38 pm, ja1nlx wrote:

Ken

What you see when you click any line. I see the line highlighted with Yellow back color.
This color depends on your setting.


73


On 2020/02/28 16:18, Ken McVie wrote:
Using version 3.50.408 on W10 Home desktop computer.

I used to be able to click on a [for instance] name in the logbook alongside a callsign, & change it for something else. Now I can't change anything on a QSO line by clicking on it.

I have a QSO with Rarotonga which shows the IOTA number as OC-124 -- it should be OC- 013 according to the QSL card that I have received, & I can't find a way of changing this.

Is anybody else seeing this behaviour of not being able to edit a line in the logbook??

Any thoughts much appreciated.

73
Ken ZL4NR



--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

--
73 de aki
JA1NLX


Re: Can't edit contacts in the logbook

ja1nlx
 

Ken

Delete Logger32.ini.

Rename Logger32.ini.OLD to Logger32.ini again.

Open Logger32.ini with text editor.

Maybe something wrong in [wndLogbookPage Settings] section.

Delete all lines in this section. Run Logger32. How now ?

[wndLogbookPage Settings]
Logbook Page Index= 0
Logbook Page Index Column= 3

73

On 2020/02/28 17:59, Ken McVie wrote:
That works ok. Now how do I find the difference in the two INI files??

73
Ken

On 28/02/2020 9:53 pm, ja1nlx wrote:

Ken

Try with virgin Logger32.ini.

Look for Logger32.ini in the Logger32 folder. Rename it Logger32.ini.OLD.

Run Logger32. Try edit in Logbook page window. How now ?

73

On 2020/02/28 17:44, Ken McVie wrote:
I should add that I have done this lots in the past without trouble.

73
Ken ZL4NR

On 28/02/2020 9:38 pm, ja1nlx wrote:

Ken

What you see when you click any line. I see the line highlighted with Yellow back color.
This color depends on your setting.


73


On 2020/02/28 16:18, Ken McVie wrote:
Using version 3.50.408 on W10 Home desktop computer.

I used to be able to click on a [for instance] name in the logbook alongside a callsign, & change it for something else. Now I can't change anything on a QSO line by clicking on it.

I have a QSO with Rarotonga which shows the IOTA number as OC-124 -- it should be OC- 013 according to the QSL card that I have received, & I can't find a way of changing this.

Is anybody else seeing this behaviour of not being able to edit a line in the logbook??

Any thoughts much appreciated.

73
Ken ZL4NR



--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

--
73 de aki
JA1NLX


Re: Can't edit contacts in the logbook

Ken McVie <kenmc@...>
 

That works ok. Now how do I find the difference in the two INI files??

73
Ken

On 28/02/2020 9:53 pm, ja1nlx wrote:

Ken

Try with virgin Logger32.ini.

Look for Logger32.ini in the Logger32 folder. Rename it Logger32.ini.OLD.

Run Logger32. Try edit in Logbook page window. How now ?

73

On 2020/02/28 17:44, Ken McVie wrote:
I should add that I have done this lots in the past without trouble.

73
Ken ZL4NR

On 28/02/2020 9:38 pm, ja1nlx wrote:

Ken

What you see when you click any line. I see the line highlighted with Yellow back color.
This color depends on your setting.


73


On 2020/02/28 16:18, Ken McVie wrote:
Using version 3.50.408 on W10 Home desktop computer.

I used to be able to click on a [for instance] name in the logbook alongside a callsign, & change it for something else. Now I can't change anything on a QSO line by clicking on it.

I have a QSO with Rarotonga which shows the IOTA number as OC-124 -- it should be OC- 013 according to the QSL card that I have received, & I can't find a way of changing this.

Is anybody else seeing this behaviour of not being able to edit a line in the logbook??

Any thoughts much appreciated.

73
Ken ZL4NR



--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

4521 - 4540 of 83544