Re: Moving Logger 32 to a new PC

Gary Hinson <Gary@...>

You guys may be fortunate: the .ini files in the Logger32 directory include config settings for things that may vary between computers, such as:

• Fonts
  • Disks and folders
  • Radio hardware – radios, antennas and peripherals
  • Screen size/resolution
  • Other stuff I’ve forgotten

… so, although it evidently works for you, it’s not a universal solution to just ‘copy the whole folder across’.

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of n5kd
Sent: Wednesday, 8 June 2022 1:45 pm
To: Radio Chat Groups <hamlogger@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Moving Logger 32 to a new PC

I do the same thing as Ian - Copy the complete L32 directory to the new computer.

I use this program called bart - https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/bart/ - which only copies changes to reduce the amount of data.

In full disclosure, I backup from the main PC to a cloud account - then from the cloud back to the second PC (Using BART on both PCs in both directions).

We all know there are two type of computer users.

1 those that backup

2 those that will backup.

Also, if L32 is not already installed on the second PC then it will need to be installed in order to register all the DLL files. Once it is installed, you can delete the entire L32 directory, and copy it from the main to the second one.

73’ Pete,N5KD.

On Jun 7, 2022, at 18:19, G4GIR via groups.io <i.frith@...> wrote:

Hello David,

I have L32 on a PC and a Lap top, The PC is the master. I copy the complete L32 directory from the PC to the Lap Top. All works ok.

Ian G4GIR

----- Original Message -----

Reply-To: <hamlogger@groups.io>

Sent: 07/06/2022 17:57:12

Subject: [hamlogger] Moving Logger 32 to a new PC

I need some guidance please:

I have set up Logger 32 how I like it on my main PC but now need to move it to another PC. Is there an easy way to do this without having to go through all of the set up again?

With thanks

David VA7DXX 

Join hamlogger@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.