Re: Grid squares database and a lookup

Miloš Zimmermann

Hi Aki and Villi,

CheckCall is working and will be helping me during the QSOs on VHF. Thank you for your help.

Milos

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 9:06 AM ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:
Milos

"Run as administrator" is essential to use 3rd party utilities like CheckCall. This is Windows thing.
I have no way to code which works without this option.

73 de aki
JA1NLX

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2022/05/30 15:39:31
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Grid squares database and a lookup

Aki,

I have done many tests now.... you won´t believe what I found out. I have to uncheck "Run this program as administrator" in the tab "Compatibility" in Properties to have it working correctly. In other words, if I run the utility as administrator it leaves b/w but if I run it normally it is green. If you are interested in it I can make a short screenshot video. 
I recall that at the beginning, if I ran the utility normally (not as the admin) it did not do anything. I don´t know what has changed. And I don´t understand why it does work correctly if I run it as administrator, hi. Anyway, it works now and I will continue to play with it.
Thanks for all your support and patience.

Milos

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 8:01 AM ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:
Milos

Set CheckCall.exe to run as administrator. You really set this ???
If you do not then it does not work.

73 de aki
JA1NLX

Sent: 2022/05/30 14:57:54

Aki,

Yes, that´s what I am doing. If it is not run as administrator it does work at all. 
So now I have no idea what to do. It leaves black/white even if I open the txt file. I tried to open another txt file (AGMemberListDated.txt downloaded by CheckCall), but it is b/w as well.

Milos

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 3:18 PM ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:
Milos

You should set CheckCall.exe to run as administrator.

73 de aki
JA1NLX

Sent: 2022/05/29 22:12:14

Hi Aki,

Thank you for your help. I did it multiple but the window remains black/white. 
image.png
Milos

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 2:58 PM ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:
Milos

The title "CheckCall" should be highlighted with light green.
It means CheckCall is connected to Logger32.
Right click on "CheckCall" to show menu.
Click Open text file and selct your database text file.

73 de aki
JA1NLX

Sent: 2022/05/29 21:50:32

Hello Villi,

Thank you for your response. I ran the utility, but honestly, I am not sure what to do now. I tried to open the txt file with my database in the utility, but it is not doing anything. I can imagine that there could be an issue with its format. But, I can't find any specifications on Aki´s website. 
The description on Aki´s website states the following: "Right click on "Logger32" to show menu. "Logger32" is highlighted with light green when it connects to Logger32." But, I can´t find any "Logger32" in the utility and nothing is colored.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,
Milos

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 1:33 PM ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:
Villi

I do not know whether this will help him or not though...🙂

73 de aki
JA1NLX

Sent: 2022/05/29 20:29:02

DR Milos,

No problem, hi.

Aki has written an excellent add on to Logger32 to do this, it is called CheckCall, it uses text files as input, works by the line and can be configured to pop up when you enter a callsign into Logger32 that has a match in the text.

His web is: http://ja1nlx.web.fc2.com/logger32/UtilityProgram/UtilityProgram.htm

73 Villi
TF3VS

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Miloš Zimmermann
Sent: sunnudagur, 29. maí 2022 08:29
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Grid squares database and a lookup

Hello,

I am a VHF oriented operator and I am unable to find a way to transfer my grid squares database (created in the contest logging sw Tucnak). The database is a simple text file containing CALL, GRID SQUARE, DATE, BANDS  on each row (e.g. OK1MZM JN89FS 20220323 CE). So it is nothing like RAC, QRZ, HamCall databases using DLL´s.

Is there any way to import my simple database into the Logger and use it for lookup? Unfortunately, I was unable to find this in either the user manual , or this forum.

I am using the version 3.50.0. The version 4 is not working on my computer.

Thank you,

Milos OK1MZM

Join hamlogger@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.