Re: windows 10 64 home and only 1 port. How do you get enough ports to setup logger32?

Gerald Boutin

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 10:46 AM, Jeff King wrote:

My problem is Logger32 requires a com port to run the DX clusters and Telnet connection to obtain the information of who is on the bands.

I presume this is must be a com port that accesses to TCIP.

I do not know how to add a com port to get Telnet to function.

Jeff,

Telnet connection to DX cluster does NOT require any com ports. The connection is over the internet connection.

Assuming that you have a working internet connection on the laptop, then you already have all of hardware you require. Have you gotten as far as trying to use the Telnet feature in L32? Open the L32 Telnet window and under Setup on that Window, go into "Remote Hosts" and select a DX cluster and go from there.

--
Gerald, VE1DT