Re: windows 10 64 home and only 1 port. How do you get enough ports to setup logger32?

Peter Eckersberger

Hi Jeff,

How about using an USB hub? That might be useful for you. Look at AMAZON...

<https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+hub+for+pc&rh=n%3A172456%2Cn%3A17387627011&dc&language=de&crid=RCUIZDQ77OZQ&qid=1643470289&rnid=2941120011&sprefix=usb+hub%2Caps%2C155&ref=sr_nr_n_2>

73 de Peter, OE3EPW

AR  SK

Am 29.01.2022 um 15:46 schrieb Jeff King:

from:   https://www.qrz.com/db/ZL4AI

Hi Bob and Dave,

Thanks for your replies. Mabuhay greetings from the South Pacific.

First off I have a laptop with a Win 10 64  home system.

This has a TS-590SG connected and only shows only one com port #5 on the Silicon Devices driver Kenwood required to be installed.

When I looked at hidden ports on the Device Manager a hidden com port  #4 shows but this is not available as a port for use with Logger32.

When I tried renumbering com4 to com 64 with regedit.com and then returning it com4,  com4 disappeared completely from the Device Manager.

I have no other USB device plugged in.

When I plug in a USB to Com Port adapter that device will appear in the Device Manager com ports list.

My problem is Logger32 requires a com port to run the DX clusters and Telnet connection to obtain the information of who is on the bands.

I presume this is must be a com port that accesses to TCIP.

I do not know how to add a com port to get Telnet to function.

I am asking for advice on how to do this???

I am on the point of giving up; But would really like to use Logger32 because it has special features of identifying un-worked countries and links to multiple awards data bases that would be really useful. But if I cannot get the link to clusters and Tenet I cannot use these features

Any advice on how to access Telnet would be really appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Jeff King ZL4AI in the South Pacific