Re: Coming soon to a screen near you

IZ5ILJ Lenio

Ciao Bob,

yes the Bitstream Vera Sans Mono font is correctly installed in the new installation and is also used in my Logger32 in almost all windows.

I removed these 5 lines from the .ini file and everything worked fine.

I posted this just for this oddity. In all the other sections he was accepted while in this one he even closed my program.

73's, Lenio - IZ5ILJ - #69.

Il 29/07/2021 15:30, Bob ha scritto:
Does the PC have a font called Bitstream Vera Sans Mono? SeventyThree(s).
On 07/29/2021 7:11 AM IZ5ILJ Lenio <iz5ilj@...> wrote:

Ciao to all, my pc must be crazy, I found the problem but I didn't understand the reason for my block and these are 5 lines in the [Globals] section, i deleted these 5 lines in the old Logger32.ini, replaced it in the new install and everything works perfectly.

73's, Lenio - IZ5ILJ - #69.

Il 29/07/2021 11:42, IZ5ILJ Lenio ha scritto:

Ciao Gary, I have just seen the new chapter for new installations I will try to follow it step by step hoping to solve my problem. many thanks for your work

73's, Lenio - IZ5ILJ - #69.

Il 29/07/2021 03:22, Gary Hinson ha scritto:

Bob is just putting the finishing touches to the next Logger32 auto-update for version 4.0.290

Notable improvements coming in .290 include:

  • A cool new function to re-size and neatly align all the open BandMaps, painlessly
  • User-customized ADIFbands.TXT and ADIFmodes.TXT files are no longer callously overwritten by Logger32 updates – including this one, hopefully!

The updated .290 User Manual is online already, while Bob polishes and publishes the auto-update.

I’ve also taken the hint and explained how to move an existing Logger32 installation to a new system, new hardware etc.  As with the rest of the manual, it may not be perfect or sufficient, hence your feedback, complaints, corrections and improvement suggestions are very welcome – either here on the reflector for all to see or more discreetly to Gary@....  Say something apt, valuable, sharp or amusing and you might just find yourself quoted in green ink in a future edition!