Re: Generic QSO Window

Gary Hinson

Cool!  Thanks Bill.

I’m updating the manual accordingly for the next release, advising us to making backups of our painstakingly-edited ADIFmodes.txt files.

Likewise with any changes to customize the bands & modes table, country database, states/provinces, JCC & JCG and what have you.  And, of course, our logs.

Even if an autoupdate or Logger32 re-install or hard disk replacement or whatever obliterates the edited versions, it’s generally easier to restore from backups than to regenerate the changes.

Backups are your friends.  Cherish them!  Look after them!  Take good care of them!  They are almost as valuable as the originals.  Love your backups!

PS  Call me paranoid but although I’d surely miss my emails, contacts, work files, digital photos and stuff if this PC was trashed or held to ransom, I’d be devastated to lose my log.  Such are this DXer’s priorities!  I’m backing up my whole log to an ADIF on a CD-RW disk, again, as I write this …