Re: Icom IC-7610 - radio setup

Dave Colliau

My 7300 did that also. If you havent got a cure yet let me know and I will look . Its simple but I cant remember what I changed ;)
Dave N8DC

On 07/23/2021 4:48 PM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

Hi all,

With my beloved Yaesu FTdx5000 residing in that part of the Bermuda Triangle called Yaesu UK for a warranty repair for 6 covid weeks and counting, I have recently acquired an Icom IC-7610.

This, after nearly 40 years in the hobby, is my first serious Icom radio and I'm very much aware that they tend to do things differently to other manufacturers. However, I have set the radio up with no issue at all, thanks to the set by step guide in the manual (thanks Gary) with only one slight issue.

When I engage Split and Dual Watch manually on the radio the "Operating Split" box in the Logbook entry window flashes along with the split offset in the band map window and RCP.  I don't recall this happening with other radios.

I recollect reading somewhere about the sub-RX frequency of Icom radios not being transferred via CAT - or did I imagine that.

Is this intended behaviour?

Vince G0ORC