Re: talk/commands window

Gary Hinson

Hi John.

To clarify, the issue appears here (where the cursor points) I think:

Is that right?

On my system, as soon as I type the first character there, the gray ‘boilerplate text’ (“Type Localhost commands here”) instantly disappears and my typing shows up in black text on the white background:

Although not in this specific case, I have seen occasional display glitches that re-sizing a problem window clears.  The next time you notice this happen, try grabbing any side or corner of the DX Cluster window and dragging it out a bit.  That may be enough to make your system/video card re-draw it without the black bar. 

No promises though!  Whether it works or not, please let us know.   Oh and an image of that part of the screen showing the problem would be nice too, if possible.

Gary  ZL2iFB

-----Original Message-----
From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of w5jmw
Sent: 14 June 2021 14:13
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] talk/commands window

Hello all,I have a small problem.It is not a upgrade problem as it has lasted through 3-4 upgrades.And sometimes...sometimes it works.

On my packet screen.I an connected through telnet,the talk/commands area at the bottom is black.When I type there is no display except the little slider.Now everything works.Example I type dx(nothing there) (space) I type the frequency again(nothing is seen there) (space) and type the info...Hit enter and all the information is on the cluster as I typed it.It is a small thing.and just a small problem.One would think appearance.Gone there and changed xmit to red...Sure enuf when I upload to the cluster it is red But in the area it is black...Any ideas? 73 john

Join hamlogger@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.