Re: Rig Control For WSJT-X #ft8

Gary Hinson <Gary@...>

RTUM is OK then?

Am I sacked yet?

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: 17 May 2021 11:14
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Rig Control For WSJT-X #ft8

... oh, and I forgot ... 'Geek Squad' teaches their rule 101 - If you tell the customer/client to RTFM, their employment is terminated on the spot, and they get to walk home ... 

On 05/16/2021 7:07 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Gary, here in the land of the Big PX, we sell electronics to the totally inept, with the support (with a fee) of the 'Geek Squad'. They'll come install it, set it up, make it sing, dance, and talk, and even fix user malfunctions, if you sign the contract.

Mmmm, think there's a buck to be made out there somewhere? SeventyThree(s)AndBackToNetOverOver ...

On 05/16/2021 6:58 PM Gary Hinson <gary@...> wrote:

Hi John.

Provided you started WSJT-X from Logger32’s UDP BandMap <Start> menu (not by clicking a WSJT-X icon), the arrangement works like this:

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN Albano
Sent: 17 May 2021 09:43
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Rig Control For WSJT-X #ft8

Hi Gary thanks for the reply.

WSJT-X needs to use the USB of the TS590 to work.

The Logger32  also wants the UBS of the TS590 to control the rig..when I offer the Comm port of the TS590 i says it's invalid..the cluster uses it and TCP and UDP are all working.

So for F8 contacts, I leave things as above...the F8 contacts get logged properly on Logger32...the rig is be controlled only by the WSJT-X and NOT by Logger32.

So, I am asking the SAME USB to control both the WSJT-X and Logger 32.

I don't fully understand the next to last sentence but was able to get it configured make F8 contacts from it.

Join hamlogger@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.