Re: Bandmap callsigns on WSJT-X not transferring to L32 Input Window

Gary Hinson

Take your time Jerry, I know it is frustrating but let’s continue working on the problem. 

When we click a callsign on the UDP BandMap, a box should appear around it … like this:

The box indicates that the callsign has been selected for “manual calling”.

On my system, the box can be slow to appear, sometimes so slow that I wonder if I even clicked the callsign, so I click it again … but if the first click selected the callsign, the second click de-selects it, so the box appears and instantly disappears again!  The answer is for me to be patient: click the call and watch. 

Once the box appears, Logger32 is (as I said before) waiting for its chance to tell WSJT-X/JTDX to call that station.  Meanwhile, it pops the call into the log entry pane and does the online callsign lookup, just as if I had typed a call into the log entry pane by hand.  I think that is what you want.

If we click the boxed callsign, that clears the log entry pane, removes the box, and stops waiting to tell WSJT-X/JTDX to call the station.  We are back to square 1.

Does that work for you?

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry Spring
Sent: 25 March 2021 10:26
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Bandmap callsigns on WSJT-X not transferring to L32 Input Window

I have not changed any of the settings in WSJT-X from when it was working perfectly in V3.5.  The fact that the input window in L32 receives the grid square but not the callsign says that there is a bug in L32.  I shouldn't have to swap out WSJT-X for JTDX because of a bug in L32. 

I have not implemented any of the cherry picking  schemes and have never had L32 telling WSJT-X to initiate a call to another station. I always select the station I want to call in WSJT-X and enable transmitting in WSJT-X.  All I want in L32 is to populate the input field and grid square in the L32 input window and automatically look it up in QRZ.com.  (The QRZ.com part is working.)  I also want L32 to automatically log the QSO as before (in V3.5). 

By the way, when I click on an interesting callsign in the L32 WSJT-X bandmap window, I don't see a box around it and nothing happens in the UDP debug window.  Yet, I see the grid square immediately show up in the L32 input window. 

Jerry

Join hamlogger@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.