Re: Bandmap callsigns on WSJT-X not transferring to L32 Input Window

Fabio IZ8MBW

Hi Gary,
another behavior when Loggre32 clear the selected callsign from the Logbook Entry Window is in this case:

- DX Station call CQ.
- I select that DX Station so I will go to call him (now Logger32 correctly put the DX Station callsign into Logbook Entry Window and QRZ lookup start)
- The DX Station did not reply to me but replied to another station.

Well, in this case, when the DX Station did not reply to me but replied to another station, Loggre32 clear the selected callsign from the Logbook Entry Window.

If after I recall that DX station (doble click again on the DX Station)Loggre32 put again the DX station callsign into Logbook Entry Window and QRZ lookup start once again.

This is the example on WSJT-X:
Inline image

This happens with WSJT-X and not with JTDX (probably because JTDX did not send via UDP the message to immediately "clear" the Callsign).

Well, I think make more sense to leave the DX Station callsign into Logbook Entry Window until I will choose another DX Station to call or I click on a DX Spot of another station. I mean, do not clear the callsign into Logbook Entry Window if I did not decide it.

Thanks.

73s
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 06:01:01 AM GMT+1, Gary Hinson <gary@...> wrote:

Hi Jerry.

We are currently beta testing a change that stops Logger32 erasing callsigns from the log entry pane when the UDP BandMap is open … since we normally operate split in FT8, and splits above 1 kHz were tripping the “Clear callsign on QSY > 1kHz setting” for those using it.

There are other changes & bug-fixes in the works, so it may take a wee while to complete the testing and release the next version.

I just hope it will cure your issue.

73

Gary  ZL2iFB