Re: Bandmap callsigns on WSJT-X not transferring to L32 Input Window

Gary Hinson

Hi Jerry.

OK, please [double] check your setups in both WSJT-X and Logger32 using chapter 15 of the Logger32 v4 User Manual

Here’s how the ‘manual calling’ sequence works, as I understand it:

  • WSJT-X receives and decodes messages, broadcasting the decoded messages to other programs via UDP using a specific UDP port
  • Logger32 receives the decodes via UDP on the specific UDP port, analyses them (e.g. for new ones and LoTW users) and displays them accordingly on the UDP BandMap
  • If you click an interesting callsign on the band map, a box soon appears around it …
  • … When Logger32 sees a decoded message indicating the interesting station is nearly finished or has finished a QSO, it sends the decoded message back to WSJT-X via UDP
  • WSJT-X receives the decode via UDP, populates the callsign field, composes the usual set of TX messages, and starts calling him
  • If the QSO completes, WSJT-X pops up the “Log QSO” form
  • Logger32 effectively clicks the “Log” button for you
  • WSJT-X broadcasts the logged QSO via UDP
  • Logger32 receives the logged QSO via UDP
  • Logger32 logs the QSO, optionally adding additional info from previous QSOs or online lookups

With the manual calling debug screen open (from the UDP BandMap menu), you should be able to see the sequence unfold – key steps at least.

You might also try using JTDX instead of WSJT-X.  JTDX works much the same, except it does not pop up the “Log QSO” form for Logger32 to click – provided it is set up to auto-log.