Re: JTDX Control Panel

Julian GW4JBQ

Happy Birthday Bob

I hope you have a great day today and I shall be raising a large glass of Grouse to you later on tonight.

73 de Julian  GW4JBQ 

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> on behalf of Bob <k4cy@...>
Sent: Tuesday, 2 February 2021, 00:21
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] JTDX Control Panel

Someone said, I don't remember who, "O ye of little faith ...". SeventyThree(s), and wish me Happy Birthday.
On 02/01/2021 6:44 PM Gary Hinson <gary@...> wrote:

OK, I was wrong.  You can start the JTDX Control Panel before or after launching JTDX using Start -> JTDX on the UDP BandMap.  It works either way.  So you can also close and then re-open the JTDX Control Panel if you like.

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gary Hinson
Sent: 02 February 2021 09:57

HI Bob.

The control panel didn’t work when I started it after JTDX … but I’ll try it again now, or rather “Now in a minute” as my Welsh grandmother used to say.

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: 02 February 2021 05:54

Gary. I think you'll find that the JTDX control paned works correctly if it is started before or after JTDX. 73.

On 01/31/2021 9:44 PM Gary Hinson <gary@...> wrote:

Friends,

I’ve discovered that the JTDX Control Panel only works (for me) if I follow this sequence:

1.       Open the UDP BandMap.

2.       On the UDP BandMap menu, click Config -> Show JTDX Control Panel

3.       On the UDP BandMap menu, click Start -> JTDX … and wait for it to launch fully (it needs at least 8 seconds on my system so I have configured it to wait 10 seconds).

Now I can click the JTDX Control Panel buttons to change bands or modes: JTDX and the radio change quickly although the JTDX control panel button coloring takes a second or two to catch up.

If instead I start JTDX from its desktop icon, the JTDX Control Panel shows Control Panel not connected and doesn’t work.  Also, if I start JTDX before opening the JTDX Control Panel, the control panel looks OK (no red warning) but doesn’t work.

Gary  ZL2iFB

Join hamlogger@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.