Re: JTDX Control Panel

Jim Altman

You should always use the UDP Band Map to open JTDX.  During its startup process there are essential items that make the control panel work.  Opening JTDX manually may or may not work to be controlled by the L32 Control Panel. But to be reliable you should always use the Band Map to start JTDX.  I don’t remember the version number it happened at, but changes were made to JTDX by its authors to make the L32 control panel work, so if you are on an old version, you should update to the latest.  Finally, the JTDX folks say you should ALWAYS delete your old ini file and setup JTDX from scratch with each update to JTDX.  Its not that hard.

It’s all completely reliable here.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gary Hinson
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 3:57 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] JTDX Control Panel

HI Bob.

The control panel didn’t work when I started it after JTDX … but I’ll try it again now, or rather “Now in a minute” as my Welsh grandmother used to say.

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: 02 February 2021 05:54
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] JTDX Control Panel

Gary. I think you'll find that the JTDX control paned works correctly if it is started before or after JTDX. 73.

On 01/31/2021 9:44 PM Gary Hinson <gary@...> wrote:

Friends,

I’ve discovered that the JTDX Control Panel only works (for me) if I follow this sequence:

1.       Open the UDP BandMap.

2.       On the UDP BandMap menu, click Config -> Show JTDX Control Panel

3.       On the UDP BandMap menu, click Start -> JTDX … and wait for it to launch fully (it needs at least 8 seconds on my system so I have configured it to wait 10 seconds).

Now I can click the JTDX Control Panel buttons to change bands or modes: JTDX and the radio change quickly although the JTDX control panel button coloring takes a second or two to catch up.

If instead I start JTDX from its desktop icon, the JTDX Control Panel shows Control Panel not connected and doesn’t work.  Also, if I start JTDX before opening the JTDX Control Panel, the control panel looks OK (no red warning) but doesn’t work.

Gary  ZL2iFB

Join hamlogger@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.