Anyway I'll continue playing with it and increasing my computer knowledge........ ;-)

Tom
GM4FDM

On 26/01/2021 00:12, Gary Hinson wrote:
There are several clues Tom that the Control Panel is connected to JTDX which is controlling your radio via CAT and Hamlib (or something!).
A: The JTDX Control Panel should /not/ say *Control Panel not connected*
B: The JTDX caption should have “& Logger32” … and only a cross in the top right corner, not the minimize and restore icons like most other windows.
C: The blob left of the JTDX frequency should be green, not orange or red as the popup message says.  I forget what the S means though. Superb, perhaps.  Stunning?  Sassenach?
Sleep tight, Tom, don’t let the wee bedbugs bite
*From:*hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Tom Wylie
*Sent:* 26 January 2021 12:28
*To:* hamlogger@groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [hamlogger] Question JTDX Control Panel
Thanks bob, I'll check in the morning......
Tom
GM4FDM
On 25 January 2021, at 22:52, Bob <k4cy@comcast.net <mailto:k4cy@comcast.net>> wrote:
... only if Logger32 opened JTDX successfully. A good clue is that a) the JTDX window caption says JTDX & Logger32, and 2) the Logger32 UDP BandMap Start/Stop menu says Stop. SeventyThree(s).
On 01/25/2021 5:09 PM Tom Wylie <thomasgwylie@gmail.com
<mailto:thomasgwylie@gmail.com>> wrote:
The dummies guide to Logger - hihi.
That's what we need. Maybe I tend to overthink things from time to
time.
One question.... From the JTDX control panel, if I change bands and
mode from FT8 or ft4,  or switch from 20m FT8. To 15m ft4, should
the rig auto switch to follow the panel?   Coz mine doesn't... Bear
in mind, I'm still getting to grips with my SDR....
Tom
GM4FDM
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021, 21:10 Gary Hinson, < Gary@isect.com
<mailto:Gary@isect.com>> wrote:
Thanks Tom.  You're /not/ a computer dummy, idiot or dolt - just
someone struggling to get to grips with the technology, like all
of us - definitely me anyway*.
You're right: "Open -> JTDX" should say "Start -> JTDX".  My
fault!  That will be corrected in the next release of the Manual.
I'll add a link from the relevant bit on page 211 to somewhere
useful too.
I will add a few words about "Control Panel not connected" as well.
In my defence, the JTDX Contrrol Panel is a new toy for v4, one
I have barely even taken out of the box so far.  As I'm writing
this email, in playing with it I appear to have put the control
panel too close to the Windows notification area so it is now in
the background, greyed out and inaccessible in the bottom right
corner of my screen ...
* Yesterday afternoon it got so hot in the shack that my PC
shutdown suddenly, without warning.  I have since cleaned the
CPU heatsink of dust and configured the CPU temperature
monitoring utility to give me a warning next time (hopefully,
anyway: there is no "Test this alert" button so I won't know if
it works unti it nearly overheats again ...).  I've also
discovered that the Word autorecover function had not been
saving yesterday's Manual edits every 9 mins as configured, so I
lost a few hours' editing.   Grrrr, thanks a bunch Micro$oft.  I
/think/ I have it autorecovering now, but again there's no
obvious, safe way to test it.  I need the equivalent of the
passenger jet cockpit's "Show all warning lights" and "Sound all
alarms" buttons.