Re: Question JTDX Control Panel

Tom Wylie

Thanks bob, I'll check in the morning......

Tom
GM4FDM

On 25 January 2021, at 22:52, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

... only if Logger32 opened JTDX successfully. A good clue is that a) the JTDX window caption says JTDX & Logger32, and 2) the Logger32 UDP BandMap Start/Stop menu says Stop. SeventyThree(s).
On 01/25/2021 5:09 PM Tom Wylie <thomasgwylie@...> wrote:

The dummies guide to Logger - hihi.
That's what we need. Maybe I tend to overthink things from time to time.

One question.... From the JTDX control panel, if I change bands and mode from FT8 or ft4,  or switch from 20m FT8. To 15m ft4, should the rig auto switch to follow the panel?   Coz mine doesn't... Bear in mind, I'm still getting to grips with my SDR....

Tom
GM4FDM

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021, 21:10 Gary Hinson, < Gary@...> wrote:

Thanks Tom.  You're not a computer dummy, idiot or dolt - just someone struggling to get to grips with the technology, like all of us - definitely me anyway*.

You're right: "Open -> JTDX" should say "Start -> JTDX".  My fault!  That will be corrected in the next release of the Manual.

I'll add a link from the relevant bit on page 211 to somewhere useful too.

I will add a few words about "Control Panel not connected" as well.

In my defence, the JTDX Contrrol Panel is a new toy for v4, one I have barely even taken out of the box so far.  As I'm writing this email, in playing with it I appear to have put the control panel too close to the Windows notification area so it is now in the background, greyed out and inaccessible in the bottom right corner of my screen ...

* Yesterday afternoon it got so hot in the shack that my PC shutdown suddenly, without warning.  I have since cleaned the CPU heatsink of dust and configured the CPU temperature monitoring utility to give me a warning next time (hopefully, anyway: there is no "Test this alert" button so I won't know if it works unti it nearly overheats again ...).  I've also discovered that the Word autorecover function had not been saving yesterday's Manual edits every 9 mins as configured, so I lost a few hours' editing.   Grrrr, thanks a bunch Micro$oft.  I think I have it autorecovering now, but again there's no obvious, safe way to test it.  I need the equivalent of the passenger jet cockpit's "Show all warning lights" and "Sound all alarms" buttons.