Re: L32 LoTW problem

Gary Hinson

Hello OK1TK

I get ‘QSO not found’ errors during the LoTW sync process, but very rarely – mostly (if I remember correctly) the issues relate to stations signing, worked, logged and uploaded as portables, but confirmed without the /P.   Anyway, the point is that those situations are rare – maybe 10 out of my 70,000 LoTW confirmations.

As you are getting lots of them, that clearly suggests something going wrong with the process.

The good news is that your LoTW confirmation rate is about right, meaning the problem does not appear to be your original log: roughly half of your signed and uploaded QSOs are matched, so you and your QSO partners agree on the fundamental details of those logged QSOs (i.e, both callsigns, dates & times within tolerance, bands and modes).

Beyond that, it is hard to tell why the sync process isn’t matching up the confirmations with the QSOs in your log.  If you say the QSOs are there in the log and should be found, I would suggest looking very closely at BOTH callsigns – the stations you worked AND your ‘Operator’ callsign.  Are there any differences?

Perhaps you could give us some examples of the QSOs in question e.g. view the BAD.ADI file in ADIFmaster and give us a screen shot of that, plus screen shots of some of the QSOs in your log that are not being found.

73 GL

Gary  ZL2iFB