Re: Notes window

Bob

Vince, thanks for the additional testing/information. Unfortunately it hasn't provided any additional clues as to where/what the problem is. And, I have not been able to duplicate the problem. So, please make an ADIF export of your logbook, zip it, and send it to me by direct eMail. Maybe that will shed some light. 73.

On 10/15/2020 5:00 AM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

To answer your questions

1) Very short, just a few letters

2) No any QSO shows this behaviour

3) Just the same for any band. I tried it on 15, 20m and 60m with the same results

4) Yes, the note is added but in some seemingly random cases only after receiving the warning an attempt to add a note to another QSO is thwarted due to all of the right click options in the Notes window being greyed out.

5) Recalculating stats has no noticeable effect, before or after the warning is received.

6) Yes, adding a note to a QSO in progress behaves quite normally, the note is saved, and can be edited or deleted.  While doing these tests I noted that again, on seemingly random occasions after editing or deleting a note any attempt to add more notes to that or other QSOs is impossible due to all of the right click options being greyed out.  Re-starting the programme restores this functionality.

7) I have two Logger32.ini files for two different configurations.  They both show the same behaviour.

8) I don't know if this is relevant but if I select a QSO and then open the Notes window all right click options are greyed out.,

I can't think of anything else - if I do I'll add it to this thread...

Vince

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 at 21:17, Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:
I spent some time investigating this today, and it could be one of many things. Please help me zero in on the problem.

Was it a short note, or an autobiography?
I the problem for this particular QSO only?
Can you add a note to a non 60m band QSO?
Despite the warning message, is the note actually added?
If you recalculate you stats for this logbook, does the have any effect?
Can you log a QSO with a note? If so, can you then delete the note? if so, can you add a note?

Anything you can do to help narrow it down would be appreciated. 73.
On 10/13/2020 10:36 PM Vince Shirley < vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

Hi all I'll try again - Google mail screwed up the image and text - this showld be OK...

Hi all,

I' haven't used the Notes window for a while and everything OK except for this.

If I try and add a note for a selected QSO I get this

"Unable to add notes to selected QSO with 44117.2921990741"  The number varies depending on the QSO selected.

I something broken?

Vince