Re: Program loses frequency and a lag on entering callsigns
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Let me offer some input to this discussion.
Instead of analyzing every bodies radio setup, to see who’s computer is fastest, I suggest you configure a basic radio interface.
Try the following suggestions for starters.
1) Suggest setting Radio Baud rate to 9600 “FIXED” Rate. “Never use AUTO”.
2) Set Logger32 to the same rate
3) Set Polling interval to “500”.
4) Set/verify Icom address Is the same in Logger32 and Radio.
5) Set Stop bits to “2”
6) Set Computer port “Sleep time” to “NEVER” .
These settings should result in solid communications between radio and computer/Logger32.
The main objective is to getting them talking , without burning rubber.
Jim – w5ifp-
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Michael Buckle via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2020 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Program loses frequency and a lag on entering callsigns
sorry should have been:
In the manual, it states that you shouldn't push it above a certain level but I cant remember that suggestion now?
On 12/09/2020 19:37, Michael Buckle via groups.io wrote: