Re: Program loses frequency and a lag on entering callsigns

Bob

...but wait. I checked the help file. I see this for IC-7300 menu settings:

Select Set/Connectors and set following items.
ACC/USB Output Select: AF
ACC/USB AF Output Level: 20%
ACC/USB AF SQL: OFF
ACC/USB AF Beep/Speech Output: OFF
USB MOD level: 50%
DATA OFF MOD: MIC
DATA MOD: USB

Select Set/Connectors/CI-V and set following items.
CI-V address: 94h
CI-V Transceive: OFF
CI-V USB->Remote Transceive address: 94h
CI-V Output (for ANT) : OFF
CI-V USB Port: Unlink from [Remote]
CI-V USB Baud Rate: 115200
CI-V USB Echo Back: ON

I see this for Logger32 settings:

73.

On 09/11/2020 5:53 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

... and, to make sure your settings are all correct, hopefully someone with an IC7300 will post a picture of their configuration window. 73.
On 09/11/2020 5:46 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Ron, my first suggestion is to recommend you use a program that works for you. But, seeing as many thousands of Logger32 users have no problem with CAT control (and hundreds using IC7300s), maybe you'd like to do some experimentation to resolve your problems ...

My SWAG at why the CAT fails periodically is that you have the polling interval too short. Click SETUP | RADIO | RADIO 1 CONFIGURATION. A rhetorical question - What is the polling interval? Add 100ms and try that for a while. If that resolves the problem, reduce it by 25ms. Experiment until you get a reliable configuration. Other than that, you could open the Radio debug window (Right click on the RADIO pane on the bottom status bar, then click SHOW RADIO DEBUG WINDOW. There is a goldmine of information now waiting to be interpreted.

In regard to your high speed keyboard. You said: typing any call into the entry window incurs a significant lag. For instance typing GW3YDX takes four seconds to appear after the G is entered ... Aren't you the lucky one. I tried it here. I typed G and waited for 10 seconds, but nothing happened. Then I thought maybe because my call is K4CY I should type K and wait 10 seconds? Nope, still nothing happens. Maybe you could try to explain your observations in a way I could attempt to duplicate.

SeventyThree(s).
On 09/11/2020 5:28 PM Ron Stone via groups.io <gw3ydx@...> wrote:

Greetings.

I'm using L32 version 3.50.422. CAT control is via a IC7300. Correct frequency is shown in the entry window but often it is sporadically lost and replaced with 0.00,  then switches back to the correct frequency. If there is a call in the entry window it is lost.

Additionally, typing any call into the entry window incurs a significant lag. For instance typing GW3YDX takes four seconds to appear after the G is entered. There is nothing gobbling memory from the PC. Neither of these issues are RF-related as they both occur during both RX and TX periods. Neither of these issues occur when I use N1MM+ for contesting. PC is a Windows 7 machine but it is stable and responsive with all other programs.

This issue is only evident in Logger32 and I would dearly love it if someone can suggest a fix, thanks.

73 and stay safe
Ron GW3YDX