Re: A can of worms?

Rick Ellison

This was discussed in the ADIF-Devs group. The WSJT team first approached the LOTW management about adding the mode and  has only requested FST2 which will encapsulate all of the other 16 different modes. All of them will be called FST2. One of the LOTW developers came to the adif group to get things moving on it. I was the one that questioned this as it was being requested as one mode and there is actually 16. So it was approved as one mode only..

73 Rick N2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 7:34 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] A can of worms?

As you may, or may not, have noticed, a new Logger32 auto-update is on-line to support the latest 3.1.1 spec. This includes a new MFSK submode, something called FST4.

Personally, I'm disappointed, I was was very much looking forward to the evolution to continue from FT8 to FT4 with the release of FT2. D isappointed as I may be, I do have an enquiring mind (I read the tabloids at the grocery store checkout to see how many times Elvis has been spotted at a 7-11 this week, or how many people, with only one name of course, have been impregnated by aliens this week). So, what is FST4?

Google to the rescue. Apparently there are actually a blizzard of sub-submodes of MFSK. To name a few - FST4W-120A, FST4W-300A, FST4W-900A, FST4W-1800A, FST4-120A, FST4-300A, FST415A, FST4-30B, FST4-30C, FST4-30D, FST4-120B, FST4-120C, FST4-300C, and FST4-300D.

Is this really what the ADIF meisters unanimously signed up for? The mind boggles. SeventyThree(s)