Re: Lost Logger32.exe

Dave Colliau

If defender is off you should be good. I dont have an exception set in AVG and have had no issues.
I just went thru a bunch of crap today with defender and a friends computer and I installed AVG and turned off defender and re installed Logger and all was well. Of course I also set his update.exe file and the Logger32 file to run as an admin. This is the 2nd one in 2 days as the other friend lost his .exe  thanks to M S essentials in win7. What fun.
Dave N8DC

On June 16, 2020 at 9:25 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

On Windows Defender, the option is right here .. But, if you have Windows defender turned off, then it's hard to imagine Microsoft hijacked your files. AVG? You're on your own, I can't even spell it. SeventyThree(s).

On June 16, 2020 at 8:43 AM KX2A < ditzian@...> wrote:

Bob,

I followed the link, went to "Virus Threat & Protection." Next step is
to click "Protection History," but these words and this link do not
exist on this page.  Also, under under "Windows Defender Antivirus,"
there is the statement "Windows Defender antivirus is turned off."

I already went to AVG's (my virus program) page and the Logger32 folder
already is an exception.

73 and TU,

Jan, KX2A

Larry,

There is no link under "Current Threats," only "No actions needed."  I
did a Quick Scan anyway, and it resulted in the message, "No current
threats."

73 and TU,

Jan, KX2A

JA1NLX,

Next try was JA1NLX, look for a copy of Logger.exe in updatefiles.  That
worked!  One copy/paste and Logger was running.  I will surely remember
this, since there is no reason to expect that it will not happen again.

73 and TU,

Jan, KX2A

Thank you to all who offered help.  I'm back in the saddle again, back
where a friend is a friend.  However, now I receive a message that
update 3.50.418 is ready but no update happens when I click update.
That will be a separate issue.

Jan, KX2A