Re: Digital frequencies

Julian GW4JBQ

I wonder if anything would be said if I spent a little time on 14.080 RTTY, this part of the band is always full of FT8’s

On 26 May 2020, at 09:29, David G3YYD via groups.io <g3yyd2=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

I think FT8/FT4 should be considered to be a wideband data mode as it
occupies 2.7KHz of bandwidth as a block. This makes that segment of the band
unavailable for any other narrow band digital mode so it is in reality a
2.7KHZ bandwidth. In this case it should be working in the 14101 to 14112Khz
segment according to IARU bandplan.

73 David G3YYD

-----Original Message-----
From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rick
Ellison
Sent: 26 May 2020 06:52
To: hamlogger@groups.io; winfldigi@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Digital frequencies

Folks if you enjoy other digital modes besides the FT modes then I would say
it's time to get on start using the digital frequencies.
WSJT-X just released the RC2 version of their latest version. And they are
expanding into other digital mode areas. Here is one of the release notes
from the latest version.

"On a trial basis, and in response to numerous suggestions from around
the world, we have added a second set of suggested dial frequencies
for FT8 on three HF bands and also on 6 meters. The new suggested dial
frequencies are 7.071, 10.133, 14.071, and 50.310 MHz."

I try to get on at least 3 evenings a week and work PSK and PSK63 and MFSK
usually around 14.071. This expanding of the FT modes down further in the
band is going to wipe out that area for any other digital mode.
Voice your concern on the WSJT group on groups.io "WSJTX@groups.io"

73 Rick N2AMG