Re: Windows Defender ...

Mike

Just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean they’re NOT out to get you.

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Ken McVie
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 4:32 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io; Jim SIMON
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Windows Defender ...

This sounds like USA paranoia!!!!

73

KeN ZL4NR

On 18 May 2020 at 06:55 Jim SIMON <jhsimon@...> wrote:

One caveat regarding Avast, from PCMag: “Avast is harvesting users' browser histories on the pretext that the data has been 'de-identified,' thus protecting your privacy. But the data, which is being sold to third parties, can be linked back to people's real identities, exposing every click and search they've made.”

And while we are on the subject, as for Kasperksky, given it’s ownership, I would be cautious with that one as well. Jmho.

73,

Jim  W1YY