Re: Radios Turning on/off JTDX

Gerald Boutin

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 10:38 AM, G4RRM Pete wrote:
Aki

From main JTDX group, looks like it’s been designed in and author doesn’t want to change!
I prefer not to have the feature.

Hi All
Yep newer rigs (with directly connected usb) will be turned on when jtdx is launched. And this is a good thing, I can't imagine why somebody needs to launch jtdx without having rig connection. This is also not possible prevent without altering hamlib.  I even done a modified branch of hamlib, where rig is also turned off when jtdx ends, For me very useful, especially when working from remote.

73
Pete
G4RRM
Support for remote On/Off is great, but it should not be automatic. Some of us might still want to use the rig even when not using JTDX.

--
Gerald, VE1DT