Re: Logger32 disapeared

Bob

Clifford, I have absolutely no idea how Norton works, so all I could suggest was the steps to take, not the details of how to do it.

Is it possible that in addition to Norton, you have Windows Defender running on your PC and it's actually Windows Defender that has hidden your files? I have described on another thread (in more detail) how to un-hide the hidden files.

To determine if you have Windows Defender running, look at the Microsoft status bar at the bottom of the screen. At the right you will see several icons for Wi-Fi, sound, etc. Also there's an up arrow (sort of like an inverted V). if you click on it, a small window opens with additional icons. If Windows Defender is running, you will see a shield with a red X or green check - Second row on the right in the picture. SeventyThree(s).

On April 12, 2020 at 6:48 PM Clifford Beck < ei5fqb@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

I’m sorry I am not making any sense of this. There was no files listed with today’s date in the Quarantine section of Norton’s. I couldn’t even change the file name to what you said. I deleted Logger 32 out of Program Control and re add it. It won’t even add it. Norton’s won’t even let me into the Logger32 website. Thank you for reply.

Clifford EI5FQB
On 12 Apr 2020, at 20:41, Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

vbis5032.DLL is the Logger32 database engine. The program won't work very well without it. Ask Norton what files it quarantined. If Norton admits to being the culprit, then I'd suggest you do two things:

1) Change the Norton exclusions from just Logger32.exe to the \Logger32 folder. That way all files are covered.
2) Ask Norton to restore the quarantined files from \Logger32. Then you're back in business just like it never happened.

SeventyThree(s).

, and if it has the option to restore them

On April 12, 2020 at 3:26 PM Clifford Beck < ei5fqb@...> wrote:

Hello all.

My logger 32 program also disappeared.

I transferred the Logger32.exe from version 3.50.390 into version 3.50.411 and taped on the exe. Logger started to open then I get this message.

Run time error ‘53’:
File not found:vbis5032.DLL

I use Norton’s internet security. Logger32.exe is listed under Program Control and allow is selected.

So I don’t know where the problem is.

Thank you for any help from anyone.

Clifford EI5FQB