Re: HamCap 2020 SSN.dat

Michael Harris

Ham Cap is a front end for the VOACAP prediction engine. I link Ham Cap to IonoProbe to get the current and 90 day SSN and SRI numbers. It still nevertheless requires an up to date SSN.dat file, presumably for the current month/year.

So we have to instal the latest SSN.dat file in a couple of years, no big deal apart from remembering to do it. Actually it's not a particularly complex file and should be easy to extend from the NOAA predictions when they become available. That is presumable all that Alex does.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 11/03/2020 16:23, Gerald Boutin wrote:
On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 03:33 PM, Gary Wilson wrote:
Fair enough, but the original program authors estimates end in 2022,
so you get to repeat this exercise  in two years
Of course. These predictions are always being updated from time to time. They are generated by panels of experts and reported at these two sites.
http://www.sidc.be/silso/ssngraphics
https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/predicted-sunspot-number-and-radio-flux
You may note that there are several different methods of coming up with the predictions. I leave it to the program creator to determine which set of predictions is most compatible with the models used in the Hamcap software. Note that this data typically is only predicted a year or two in the future.
--
Gerald, VE1DT