Re: 4RE: [hamlogger] L32 and SDR Console

Bob

"So close, yet so far" (from the Elvis Presley song). Chuck, you have demonstrated that the slave port setup is correct - The SDR responds to Logger32 polls and tries to put the FT-1000 on 142 MHz. As far as I can tell, all that is missing is to find out why the SDR is not responding to frequency/mode commands. Easy to take the next step ... Please do this test step by step and report on your observation ...

1) Turn ON the option THE SLAVE PORT SYNCHRONIZES A SECOND .... Turn OFF the ENABLE POLLING OF THE SLAVE PORT ... option, and finally turn ON the SLAVE FOLLOWS VFO A option in the Slave port configuration window. Click APPLY.

2) With both the FT-1000 and the SDR running, open the Slave port debug window. You should see nothing hsppening.  Please confirm this.

3) Change the VFO frequency on the FT-1000. Confirm three things:
    a) The radio changes frequency
    b) The frequency shown in the Logbook Entry Window changes
    c)  You see commands from Logger32 to the slave radio like this

73.

On February 16, 2020 at 9:48 PM Chuck Miller <cwmiller20@...> wrote:

Bob and Rick, I've tried all the things you've suggested, and some times it looks like it's trying to work, but L32 keeps flashing a message that band plan has no entries for 142.619375 mhz, which is the same freq that  sdr-console is trying to listen to. Also I can't change modes on the ft1000mp field, sdr console keeps changing it right back. also sdr-console recieves no rf unless the Yaesu is talking to omni-rig. I tried a splitter virtual serial port but same thing, both programs change frequency at random.  The whole thing is a waste of time, having spent days trying to figure it out, I've come to the conclusion that Sdr-console is a fine program, and Logger32 is my favorite logger. But they just won't work together with the FT1000MP Mkv field. So unless someone with the exact same setup wants to provide some help, I just going to can SDR-console and stick with L32.