Re: L32 and SDR Console

Bob

Jim, funny how the simple things are often the most difficult to grasp :)  Please test the scenario I described to Rick ... Run WSJT/JTDX and no CAT between Logger32 and the main radio. On the UDP BandMap click CONFIG and check the option to ALLOW WSJT/JTDX TO SET LOGGER32 FREQUENCY/MODE. Now, change Band and/or Mode of WSJT/DX. Does the slave radio follow? If not, look at the Slave Radio Debug Window. Do you see commands from Logger32 to change frequency/mode?

I avoid all the nonsense and use a radio without CAT. Works fine, lasts a long time. And, I have yet to hear of a single case where the QSO could not have been completed without an SDR and an ultra high def 4K display. SeventyThree(s).

On February 13, 2020 at 1:49 PM Jim Cox <jcox123@...> wrote:

Bob, I have been struggling with similar circumstances with trying to get SDRUno (panadapter program) to work with Logger32 and JTDX and not having any luck with various combos..
Tried this morning with the Slave port and it seems to work fine.  I did have to create a virtual serial cable 12 to 13 and used 12 for the slave port and 13 for the sdruno program using Kenwood emulation.  Working fine now but let me use it today and see if works ok with various combinations, etc.  I tried to just assign a virtual port to the Slave port and use that same port for the panadapter program but no luck that way.  73s Jim K4JAF

From: Bob
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:28 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: 4RE: [hamlogger] L32 and SDR Console

Rick, it's already working, guess I already coded for it. When Logger32 relinquishes radio control to WSJT/JTDX, Logger32 takes the WSJT/JTDX frequency from the UDP StatusOut message constructs a set frequency/mode message in the appropriate slave radio format and sends it. So, your ultra high def eye candy machine should still follow the radio as you snag those rare and exotic 77 byte (or whatever they are) QSOs. Give it a whirl. The attached picture is what was sent to the slave when I changed JTDX from FT8 to FT4 (no Logger32 CAT control connected). SeventyThree(s).

On February 13, 2020 at 11:46 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

I'm investigating a fix for that ... Take the Frequency sent over the UDP, generate/format a CAT frequency command message and send it to the slave port ... 73.
On February 13, 2020 at 11:29 AM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

I just don’t use SDRC if I am going to do WSJT. Since Logger32 closes the CAT port to WSJT the information would not be sent over to SDRC or SDRUno.

73 Rick N2AMG