4RE: [hamlogger] L32 and SDR Console

Rick Ellison

Hi Chuck..

Sorry for not responding sooner I had to set things back up so I could get the settings for you as I haven’t turned on my radio in about a month..

I’m using a 7300 and one virtual serial port.

1.       Open VSPE and create one virtual port in VSPE its called a connector. This is set to COM13.

2.       Load Logger32. In Logger32 I have the 7300 connected and Logger32 has full radio control over the radio

3.       Click on setup and then go to the radio setup window and select Slave Configuration. This is how my slave window is setup.

Note that I have COM13 the VSPE port set as the com port.

4.       Now open SDR Console and open up the options. In the options window you will want to click on Controllers and then CAT then port selection. Your Virtual port should be shown in the listing of ports available select it by placing a checkmark in the box. (If you want to make sure things are working correctly you can open the I/O Monitor and you should see the radio commands going by if they are connected.

After closing the options window the frequency in SDRC’s frequency display should show that of your radio in Logger32. This is a two-way connection. If you change the frequency in Logger32 the frequency should update in SDRC. If you change the frequency or mode in SDRC then Logger32 should update also.

Here is an image of my using SDRC within Logger32. I have an SDR-Play RSP1 connected to my computer that SDRC is getting its information from..

73 Rick N2AMG