Re: End of Windows 7 support

Michael Harris

This has been popping up on my PC for quite a while. Win7/64 Pro here.

I would suspect that a huge number of Win powered PC's are still running Win7, indeed some folks are still running 98 and XP.

Until fairly recently I would not have been able to live with the Win10 massive updates but now my data package gives my 4GB monthly I could handle it with care.

Updates on my now nine year old desk top PC failed to work for about a year until I did a complete reload and update of Win7 and all the application software onto a new HDD. The sky didn't fall down. I don't respond to click bait or view emails from folks I know are SK, or "we are contacting you because you bought some Widgets from us" or blank and otherwise stupid subject lines and the like. If I receive an email from my bank I don't like the look of I phone them to ask if it's for real.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 15/01/2020 10:15, Jim Hargrave wrote:
*From MS site: (Reported by FOX news yesterday**J***
*Support for Windows 7 ends in January 2020*
After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs with Windows 7. Upgrade to Windows 10 now to keep your employees productive and secure.
*//*