From: "Darren Collins (G0TSM)" <daz@...>
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Date: December 5, 2019 at 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Logger32 + FTdx-5000 + SDR Panadapter

I have an FTDX5000, LP-Pan 2 + Soundcard + NaP3/CW Skimmer. The CAT from the rig is shared (including to/from Logger32) via LPBridge.

If you just want to try a panadapter get one of those cheap SDRs you find on eBay/Amazon and feed it from the IF out on the back of the FTDX5000. You tune the SDR to 9MHz and you get a 'reversed display' ie if you are Rxing to USByou need to tune the SDR to LSB, well thats what I found.

SDR# (SDR Sharp) supports the cheap RTL-SDR USB devices and you can buy these with an HF down-converter. They're not very sensitive but they give you an idea of what you can see. Just don't buy an VHF only version.

I hardly use the NaP3 visual display expect during an SSB contest or looking at interference, but I use CW Skimmer all the time..

73 Darren G0TSM

On 05/12/19 13:16, Jim Ciurczak wrote:
As always Bob, thanks for your help and quick response.

Jim K2QB