Re: Settings for Rotor, Logger32

Jim Hargrave

Steph, I think you have finally told us your basic setup.

Please verify that I understand your Rotor setup.

LOGGER32  <> Remoterig <> Internet <> Remoterig <> ERG <> Rotor (G450c)

¨       Radio <> Antenna

Am I correct so far?        

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2019 4:56 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Settings for Rotor, Logger32

I have no idea what remoterig is (I Googled it; but it still makes no sense to me). All I can suggest is that next time you escape the big city you try a direct Logger32 to ERC connection and see how that works. 73.

On November 6, 2019 at 11:01 PM "Steph, F5NZY" <f5nzy@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

You’re right (I’ve read too fast), there’s no Yaesu G-450C, but Yaesu GS232A and Yaesu GS232B, there’s also GS232B A AZ/AZ A and GS232B AZ/AZ B

I tried all the Rotor type, including External.

You’re right, Yaesu G-450C has not a serial port. I use a ERC Interface who permits me to control the Rotor thru HRD_ROTATOR.

But, what I would like now, is when I type a call sign into L32, the antenna moves to the right path.

73 de Steph, F5NZY

De : hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> De la part de Bob
Envoyé : mercredi 6 novembre 2019 20:54
À : hamlogger@groups.io
Objet : Re: [hamlogger] Settings for Rotor, Logger32

Steph, I am confused (It is easy to do). You said this:  My rotor is a Yaesu G-450C, in the Help files, I can read, this rotor is not supported, but in this case, why is it in the Rotor type list? I double checked the list of rotors supported by Logger32, I don't see Yaesu G-450C on the list. Then I Googled Yaesu G-450C and the information I found indicates it does not have a serial port interface built in. Steph, then you say you use HRD_ROTATOR and remoterig. Is HRD_ROTATOR from Ham Radio Deluxe? If so, and it works, why are you messing around with Logger32? 

Steph, You have configured Logger32 for a GS232B AZ/AZ B rotor. I don't know what RS-232 interface device you are using, but I suspect is uses the GS232B protocol and not the GS232B AZ/AZ protocol. Try changing the rotor type in Logger32. SeventyThree(s).

On November 6, 2019 at 12:48 PM "Steph, F5NZY" <f5nzy@...> wrote:

Hello Jim,

1. Already checked, this Is the good port
  2. 9600 Is the correct baud rate
  3. Already tried, no more success

But…

My rotor is a Yaesu G-450C, in the Help files, I can read, this rotor is not supported, but in this case, why is it in the Rotor type list?

Also, I use a remoterig and from Home for the rotor, I use HRD_ROTATOR, with GS232B AZ, but I can’t configure it in my L32 from Paris, probably because G-450C is not supported…

73 de Steph, F5NZY

De : hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> De la part de Jim Hargrave
Envoyé : mercredi 6 novembre 2019 17:57
À : hamlogger@groups.io
Objet : Re: [hamlogger] Settings for Rotor, Logger32

Steph,

Your setup looks normal.

I’m not familiar with the GS232B settings, but can offer some things to look at:

1. Make sure Windows has assigned the rotor to the right Com port (See Device manager)
  2. Verify that 9600 is the correct baud rate for the rotor.
  3. Try setting DTR/RTS High.

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Steph, F5NZY
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:39 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Settings for Rotor, Logger32

Hi all,

I don’t know why it does not work?

Enclosed pictures of my setup.

73 de Steph, F5NZY

<<...>> <<...>> <<...>>

Join hamlogger@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.