Re: CAT Control of FTDX101 via Logger 32

Vince Shirley

Sorry, the fourth line should read..

Then, when I clicked on a spot the radio would remember the antenna and Logger32 would move the radio to the commanded frequency.

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 at 16:38, Vince Shirley via Groups.Io <vince.g0orc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bob,

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Logger32 can't know what antenna is used by the individual operator for each band, but if its set manually the radio will remember it.

So, what I used to do with the 5000 was manually go through each band and select the appropriate antenna for each band

Then, when I clicked on a spot the radio would remember the band and Logger32 would move the radio to the commanded frequency.

Logger32 to move to 14018 needs to send something like this.

BS05;FA014018000;MD03;NA01;FA014018000;

The BS command needs to correspond with the band of the spot in the syntax BSxx;

where xx is as follows.

00 1.8MHz      01  3.5MHz      02  5.0MHz
03 7.0MHz      04  10MHz       05  14MHz
06 18MHz       07  21MHz       08  24.5MHz
09  28MHz      10  50MHz       11  GEN
17 70MHz

Vince G0ORC

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 at 16:06, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
Vince, are you saying I need to do all that BS stuff (no pun intended) with the FT-101s, and not worry about sending actual antenna switching commands with set frequency commands from Logger32?  73
On November 4, 2019 at 10:58 AM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

Bob,

What Darren has suggested is correct...

Vince

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 at 13:31, Darren Collins (G0TSM) < daz@...> wrote:
When the FTDX5000 came out Bob corrected the same issue ( I think)
Logger32 needs to send the band command first and then the mode and frequency.

Sending the BS command will put the rig on the right band and the band stack registers select the antenna, ipo, att, etc. This should be immediately followed by the mode and freq. I think that’s right.

Sorry I’m away from the shack this week so can’t check at home, but I did have a glance through the pdf for the 101’s CAT commands, and it appears to be similar.

73 Darren G0TSM

On 4 Nov 2019, at 13:05, Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Dave, I see that, but how does Logger32 know when to use P1=0 or P1=1? SeventyThree(s).
On November 4, 2019 at 7:57 AM Dave Colliau < n8dc-8@...> wrote:

p1=0 p2=1 that would be main band antenna 1
Dave N8DC
On November 4, 2019 at 7:54 AM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

I see this in the Yaesu destructions:

What is main/sub band? What do I use for the P1 value? SeventyThree(s)
On November 4, 2019 at 7:21 AM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Phil, looking at the code, I see antenna switching CAT is coded for Icom and the  FT-2000, FT-9000 and FT-5000. But not the FT-991 (I have no idea if it has that capability. If it does, no one has whined yet). In Logger32 the FT-101D and FT-101MP is actually the FT-991 code (it's all smoke and mirrors). So it follows that there 'ain't any antenna commands being sent to either the 101D or 101MP. So, what are the appropriate CAT commands? I'll add them (and probably add the FT-101MP radio type while I'm in there mucking around). Then I'll send you a test version just in time for Guy Fawkes ... SeventyThree(s).
On November 4, 2019 at 3:51 AM "Philip (G4OBK) Catterall" < cq@...> wrote:

HI Bob / All

I've just moved over from using the Yaesu FTDX5000 to the FTDX101MP. I configured the CAT for the FTDX101MP within Logger 32 via RS232 using the same microHam Keyer virtual COM port for the CAT connections as I used on the FTDX5000. In Setup Radio 1 I chose Radio FT-101D Com 7, 9600 baud, Datbits 8, Stop bits 1, Parity None. DTR & RTS High, polling interval 100 ms, use narrow CW filter.  The FT-991 radio if selected will also work. The CAT works - however:

Whilst the CAT works as it should in terms of clicking on a DX spot from the Logger DX Spots window which puts the FT-101 on to the correct frequency and mode, the antenna does not switch to the correct one for the specific band as it did on the FTDX5000. The antenna remains fixed and does not switch.  i.e. There are 3 antenna inputs on the FT-101 for different bands.  If I manually change bands on the FT-101 with the band switches on the radio the antenna changes to the appropriate one for that band as it should, but it doesn't switch as it should using CAT via Logger 32, yet it did with the FTDX5000 setup!

Could it be that there are differences between the software in Logger 32 that controls the CAT settings relating to antenna switching between the FTDX5000 and the FT-101D? Maybe some code is missing?

73 and thanks de Phil G4OBK