Re: CAT Control of FTDX101 via Logger 32

Bob

Pete, bite your tongue.

73(s) de K4CY/G4ECD.

On November 4, 2019 at 8:57 AM n5kd <n5kd@...> wrote:

Bob, I know you have always said OmniRig would be added over your dead body (I’m paraphrasing).

Please, Maybe you would consider a little softening of this stance at some time.

Thanks.

73’ Pete, N5KD / G4DVP.

Sent from my mobile

On Nov 4, 2019, at 08:11, Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Dave, could it be that you can set the radio to operate cross band, when doing this the antenna selected when transmitting may be different to the one for receiving. Do I really want to get in the middle of this? SeventyThree(s).
On November 4, 2019 at 8:05 AM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Dave, I see that, but how does Logger32 know when to use P1=0 or P1=1? SeventyThree(s).
On November 4, 2019 at 7:57 AM Dave Colliau < n8dc-8@...> wrote:

p1=0 p2=1 that would be main band antenna 1
Dave N8DC
On November 4, 2019 at 7:54 AM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

I see this in the Yaesu destructions:

What is main/sub band? What do I use for the P1 value? SeventyThree(s)
On November 4, 2019 at 7:21 AM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Phil, looking at the code, I see antenna switching CAT is coded for Icom and the  FT-2000, FT-9000 and FT-5000. But not the FT-991 (I have no idea if it has that capability. If it does, no one has whined yet). In Logger32 the FT-101D and FT-101MP is actually the FT-991 code (it's all smoke and mirrors). So it follows that there 'ain't any antenna commands being sent to either the 101D or 101MP. So, what are the appropriate CAT commands? I'll add them (and probably add the FT-101MP radio type while I'm in there mucking around). Then I'll send you a test version just in time for Guy Fawkes ... SeventyThree(s).
On November 4, 2019 at 3:51 AM "Philip (G4OBK) Catterall" < cq@...> wrote:

HI Bob / All

I've just moved over from using the Yaesu FTDX5000 to the FTDX101MP. I configured the CAT for the FTDX101MP within Logger 32 via RS232 using the same microHam Keyer virtual COM port for the CAT connections as I used on the FTDX5000. In Setup Radio 1 I chose Radio FT-101D Com 7, 9600 baud, Datbits 8, Stop bits 1, Parity None. DTR & RTS High, polling interval 100 ms, use narrow CW filter.  The FT-991 radio if selected will also work. The CAT works - however:

Whilst the CAT works as it should in terms of clicking on a DX spot from the Logger DX Spots window which puts the FT-101 on to the correct frequency and mode, the antenna does not switch to the correct one for the specific band as it did on the FTDX5000. The antenna remains fixed and does not switch.  i.e. There are 3 antenna inputs on the FT-101 for different bands.  If I manually change bands on the FT-101 with the band switches on the radio the antenna changes to the appropriate one for that band as it should, but it doesn't switch as it should using CAT via Logger 32, yet it did with the FTDX5000 setup!

Could it be that there are differences between the software in Logger 32 that controls the CAT settings relating to antenna switching between the FTDX5000 and the FT-101D? Maybe some code is missing?

73 and thanks de Phil G4OBK