Re: error message

larry fields

i HAVE A BACK UP AND QUESTION CAN i DELETE THE PROGRAM AND RE ADD IT..I can't figured what happened on this as I did nothing wrong in it.
Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 12:37 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Larry, you are more, much more, than temporarily stuck. You are up shit creek, and I'm sad to have to be the one to break it to you, but you don't have a paddle. Your logbook file on disk is not just corrupted, it is broken and a 4Kb piece of the data in the middle of the file is missing (that is what the error message 2005 and 1002 was saying). Other than that, it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood (who said that Mr. Rogers?). Bottom line Larry, if you don't have another backup, or any other ADIF files, that you haven't mentioned, you have 5200 QSOs, and the rest have just been deep sixed. 73.

On October 24, 2019 at 6:19 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

some are paper logs but not sure how you mean I broke it..I tried to transfer the adif to a separate file and it only shows 5200 in the transfer..the problem when as mentioned before it had duplicates of callsigns, and those calls were of stations like 3 in a row or 6 in a row. I deleted those contacts. Clublog even mentioned it that I had too many duplicates. So I am temporary stuck on this..

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 11:18 AM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Larry, you have broken your logbook. This time badly. Do you have backup copies of your logbook of ADIF files you can use to recover? 73.

On October 24, 2019 at 5:12 AM larry fields < n6hpx1@...> wrote:

been working on correcting problems on the log, Some duplicates as mentioned before I never made. But when I try to do the update of the log it comes up with a error message.

Message on the error is db Error:vis_other_message(2005)

source module:do update complex keys
logger32 errornum:1002

when I do the recalculation it stops at 16% (says completed) doesn't see my added 2019 contacts
what can I do to correct it.

I am nervous of deleting it as the log has 10,462 in it.