Edit Errors

HI3B Radhames

Hi Bob and all again:

I will explain step by step, what I was doing before the errors that appeared later:

1st. From the main Logbook window, I did a click to open the Search box.
2nd.) I this box I  look for by date, by code or by the number of Qso that L32 has already assigned for the Qso that I won't edit.  For example in the picture the first contact of a series or chain that I want to modify, changing the year and in someone rare cases the year and time, increasing it when is necessary.

3rd.) I place the pointer over the date field and make a left click that allows me to make the modification or change. In the case, change the number 3 for the number 2.

4th) I move to the next field. It is the Time (in my case INICIO in Spanish) and makes the change if necessary. If not, then I move until the next field. iIs the Call (in my case INDICATIVO, in Spanish), so that the change made is assumed or executed.

Sometimes doing exactly the same thing, the error appears and other times the error does not appear, with the indicated consequence. It is when that line show empty because be loses all the data, including the QSO number field.   At this point appear the ERROR WINDOWS and I L32 is locked, until I mark OK in the WINDOW ERROR. Doing that, the Qso is permanently deleted and the contact disappears definitively.

5th.)   I check that the Qso was deleted by doing a search again. As the contact was in my written logbook, I have to write it again and renumber all the contacts, so that it occupies its exact place, in order of date and time.

6th.)  The full text of the error message (including the top line), varies in terms of the long string of numbers, and says so (sic):
"db Write Error: VIS_dUPDATE_VIOLATION (the title), followed in some cases by" Error modifying the GRIDSQUARE with the following data: "Then I make a click over OK and the following description appears:" Unable to add modified record with primary key: 33873.16875 ". Other times appear another number of the primary key as 33873   1590277778, and so on.

 It is the best I can explain. I suppose different numbers could continue to appear every time.

I have always understood was the unique and correct way to modify or edit a Qso. If there were another one, I would appreciate your suggestion to me it.

I had always done it that way, without any problem, with other old versions of L32. I don't have absolute knowledge about programming, but I think the issue could be typical of bad and unexpert user like me, and not caused for internal issues of this version or  previous ones.

Thanks for all.
73,
Below your recommendations.

 It would help if you would tell me the complete text of the error message (including the top line). This would tell me why Logger32 could not write the new date/time into the logbook. What exactly do you type when changing the date or time. For example if you have a QSO with the time or 01:23 and you want to change it to 12:34. You click on the time and the color changes. You erase the 01:23 and type in 12:34. Now exactly what do you do? What do you type now, or where do you click the mouse? SeventyThree(s).

HI3B