Re: QUESTION: FIELD 6 AND FIELD 7

larry fields

i REMEMBER THE OTHERS AS WELL AS I ENDED UP PUTTING AUSSIES AND JAPAN MANY TIMES..

WAS ALWAYS CURIOUS AS I NEVER TOUCHED THE BOX BUT AS THEY SAY IF THERE IS A WAY THERE IS A REASON

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 2:32 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Larry, User fields 6 & 7 are not STATE and CNTY by default. It is just a convenient place to put them side by side ... You have to manually configure them ... A word about ADIF nomenclature. Back in the early days of ADIF, the USA was the center of the Universe, so the fields were named STATE and CNTY ... Later other Countries wanted to share their various awards for their equivalents of the US STATE/CNTY ... So, while the ADIF names STATE & CNTY are still used, their meaning has change ... STATE is used for the Primary Administrative Subdivision and CNTY is used for the Secondary Administrative Subdivision ... That is why, if you look at my picture, the USER FIELDS 6 & 7 are labeled PRI  and SEC ... We go to great lengths to confuse the user (it makes us feel important/superior :)  73.

On September 17, 2019 at 10:12 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

MUCH THANKS FOR THE INFO i NEVER USED THE BOX AS WASN'T SURE WHAT THE PURPOSE WAS.  NOW I KNOW.

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 11:15 PM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Larry, they are user defined fields. In my case, I use them to input the ADIF defined STATE/CNTY fields. For me, it looks like this

For those who have no interest, user fields 6 and 7 can be hidden. Right click on any USER FIELD, move the mouse to SETUP and check the option ALLOW AUTOMATIC HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT. If USER FIELD 6 and 7 are not assigned to any ADIF field, the height of the Logbook Entry Window is automagically adjusted to hide the unused fields. SeventyThree(s).

On September 17, 2019 at 6:59 PM larry fields < n6hpx1@...> wrote:

Question on what are these 2 boxes for? you have it in the spot where you add the info. Its right below QTH in the box.