Re: WAS SETTINGS

larry fields

I use eithe Hamcall or qrz.com and when I went to settings and listed the external and list a callsign for example W7EB in Arizona(last time we talked was 15 yrs ago). it doesn't show any info on him. So I use the web and do the search manually. Including all 32 contacts we made years ago.
Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 1:51 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Larry said: ...  the old fashion way by looking up the call of the station and adding the info as I go along.

Please describe 'the old fashioned way. A call book (if they still print those things), a CD ROM lookup, an Internet lookup, how do you do it? If it's an internet, what program/URL do you access? The reason I ask it that it is all built into Logger32, and it only takes a mouse click to get it into the logbook. SeventyThree(s).

On September 4, 2019 at 9:41 AM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

It may sound good but I did try that a few times but got limited results, been doing the old fashion way by looking up the call of the station and adding the info as I go along. And also as mentioned before I have found some stations (for example again) aren't living in the same state as there callsigns. My brothers callsign for example the KC6 wasn't originally a California call but the Carolina Islands and when he used the callsign on the East Coast the old timers thought he was on the Pacific island.

So again I will work with this and it may mean rebooting the log, to see if it might be some other problem blocking it.
Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 1:27 PM Jim Altman < jaltman636@...> wrote:

I think the missing link here is that some source of information has to be accessed either by using an external module to go QRZ (or the like) or an internal lookup method.  How you transfer the information depends on the method used to acquire it.

73.875

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...