Re: WAS SETTINGS

larry fields

Did you not see the word FOR EXAMPLE is some stations I worked from here ma6y have a California Call sign but actually live in a different State As example(again) my brother KC6AOH has a California Call but lives in New Jersey.

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 10:02 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Larry said: The project I am doing now is ones I already worked for example I worked a station say W6---- and go to that station to add the state and county which I was able to do before it would come up with the state say Arizona and county is Apache   How did you determine that the W6--- station was in Apache County Arizona? SeventyThree(s).

On September 3, 2019 at 11:17 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

The project I am doing now is ones I already worked for example I worked a station say W6---- and go to that station to add the state and county which I was able to do before it would come up with the state say Arizona and county is Apache. I was able to do this before but now it doesn't do this and when I right click the station whether its callsign or state..it just circulates and dies so it shows no state,county or anything else.
Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 3:11 AM Larry Fields < n6hpx1@...> wrote:
the version I am using is 3.50.394 is there a newer version or not
Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 3:09 AM Larry Fields < n6hpx1@...> wrote:
I will figure it out not sure why but there is nothing working on the info, I will check a different callsign (WAS) .

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 2:27 AM larry fields via Groups.Io <n6hpx1= gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I clicked it using the left click and  it still searches and nothing happens. I put it on the States of the Callsign and still acts like it is searching then goes away.

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 2:21 AM larry fields via Groups.Io <n6hpx1= gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I was told right click maybe that was why it was searching.

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 2:18 AM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Larry, excellent. You see this menu:

Now what do you see when you LEFT click on the menu EDIT ADMIN SUBDIVISION INFO? SeventyThree(s).

On September 3, 2019 at 9:56 PM larry fields < n6hpx1@...> wrote:

I see the same info at the bottom and when I right click it it does nothing except put a circle like its searching and goes away.

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 1:54 AM Larry Fields < n6hpx1@...> wrote:
As I read your info here I cannot add the States Info manually which is what I am trying to do. I guess it was you who said you can not do this which means I can not use that part of the log for a WAS (work all state) and Counties program. Which I want to do. I been using the logger for about 10 yrs and when I get a qsl card from say WO7R or KD6JCT or a Japanese, Australian station I want to go into the log and add there info, additionally to the log. But now I am being told I can not do it manually it has to be added when I add the updated log info. For example I work VK3..and want to add his/her state info. It will not let me do this info. Which means I have to find a alternative to that part of the log.

I have no problem with other parts except as mentioned the other day with some duplicates which I had to manually go through and clean up. When you have 3 contacts to the same station say a Chinese station and there listed in a row where the add on to the log claims you worked that station 3 times in the same minute and day.

But now I am going down the log trying to figure out why I can't use the WAS program by doing the Station info Manually. When I click on the info as stated by the JA it only circulates (in a search pattern) and then goes away. Nothing comes up on the screen to add the stations info Say WO7R is from 3 different states when I worked him say RTTY/SSB or JT65. They need to be changed.
Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 1:19 AM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Larry, the choice is yours. But. before you do let me ask you another question ... If you right click on a US callsign in the Logbook Entry Window, do you see this menu?

... and way down almost at the bottom do you see the menu EDIT ADMIN SUBDIVISION INFO? If you do, what do you see if you click on it? SeventyThree(s).

On September 3, 2019 at 8:49 PM larry fields < n6hpx1@...> wrote:

looks like I might have to either forget the WAS or delete the contact and re-add it to the log..which is alot more work when you got 100 plus contacts there

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:44 AM Larry Fields < n6hpx1@...> wrote:
so now I can't use the was program. That stinks as it was better..I had 41 states there and now might have a was there..disappointing indeed.
Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 11:30 PM Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Larry, if you are entering a QSO with WO7R in the Logbook Entry Window then you can type STATE/CNTY data in the appropriate fields. However, it you have already entered the WO7R QSO into your logbook you can not edit the Logbook Entry Window and add/modify the STATE/CNTY fields. Many years ag Logger32 permitted this, but users were entering completely bogus information that was then exported by ADIF file to other systems ... very unsatisfactory results that reflected badly on Logger32. So, now once the QSO is entered in the logbook, you have the two choices from my previous message. 73.

On September 3, 2019 at 7:20 PM larry fields < n6hpx1@...> wrote:

Before i use to be able to edit this info for example the WO7R I was able to add the state and county. But now it doesnt do this.

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 06:58 Bob, < k4cy@...> wrote:
Larry provides several methods or adding STATE/CNTY data to your logbook ... After the QSO is entered in the log you have two options - 1) Click a mouse button to add STATE/CNTY from a callsign lookup to your logbook (by callsign lookup I mean go outside Logger32 to a third party provider - like QRZ.COM or HAMQTH), and 2) Use the internal Logger32 databases to add the data. You can not edit the STATE/CNTY fields in the Logbook Page Window because the data must be 100% accurate an in the correct format. So, how would you like to get this data in your logbook? 73.