From: Bob
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:36 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] rotor problem

Olivier, que vois-tu? 73.

On August 25, 2019 at 6:09 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Olivier, mon vieux, I think what you are seeing is because when you click on the UDP BandMap the callsign is loaded into the Logbook Entry Window and the beam heading is calculated based on the callsign. The antenna starts to turn. After maybe one or two seconds the lookup of the callsign adds additional data to the Logbook Entry Window - Maybe a US State or County, maybe a gridsquare. The beam heading is recalculated based on this new information ... What does the rotor do? Experiment with this ... on the Rotator setup Window (at the bottom) are options to delay the start of turning the beam ... For example, if you delay 3 seconds (maybe two, or one), them hopefully the additional data from the callsign lookup has populated the Logbook Entry Window and the calculations will be correct the first time the rotor is turned. Avoir du sens? SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 5:34 PM Olivier F4FQH <unit365@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

Well will try to explain but next time i will check carefully the problem.

I’ve started to use the UDP band plan windows now, to select calls which interest me. In JTDX, it not showing correctly what is made or not, so the UDP windows is nice for this.
Nice also because when we clic a call, the system know when calling after a CQ or 73 from the station we call.

Before i clicked only on calls in JTDX and never saw this issue.

When i clic a call in the UDP windows, it fill the logbook entry, and turn the rotator in direction of the call QTH clicked. Untill this, it’s ok.
But, during the QSO the rotor move alone. Sometime it move just a bit, some degrees more or less, it seem the rotator not stopped in the good direction the first time. Somtime moving anywhere...
But this not all the time.
I will check this better, and report you a better explanation.
Or if i can i will make video and send you a link to watch it, because it will be big i think.

Interesting bug but all is usable, just boring,  that’s why i search on my side before asking something, but as i saw some have nearly the same issue, so i told it.

Will investigate a bit more Bob, my problem is i resume work tomorow so the time will be short in next days....

73s

Olivier
F4FQH