From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Munton - G7SSE
Sent: 22 August 2019 18:19
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Logger32 with LoTW problem

Hi Gary

If I may make a couple of observations (hardhat & flameproof suit on)

"1. Export your log from Logger32 as an ADIF file. Save it somewhere memorable on disk. [You can either export the entire log, or just the QSOs marked to go to LoTW. The former makes sure all QSOs will reach LoTW and is what you do the first time, and perhaps again every few months just to be sure none are missing. The latter is quicker for subsequent updates.] "

In the quoted text above, while correct that for first time upload you export the whole log this does not change the status in the logbook of the qso's to LOTW_QSL_SENT.

To correct this the procedure explained in the Logger32 Helpfile: "Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting / 1.13 First Time Submittal of LoTW and eQSL records" needs to be carried out.

Regarding where you mention "just the QSO's marked to go to LOTW" two points;

1. A new or unfamiliar user may not know how to mark (flag) them for export or that Logger32 can do this automatically as they are logged.

2. You do not mention that to export the marked qso's for uploading one does not use the Export Log function but the Export Files / Export LOTW File function.

I do realise you could end up, if not careful, with virtually the entire Helpfile typed out on your web site but I think Eric's issues may have stemmed from the points I've raised.

Sorry to be critical, your web site is a great resource, as are your FT8 guides.

Please don't put me on the ZL mafia's "hit list" ;-)

73
John - G7SSE