Re: complex problem

la4wka

Hello

I had the exact same problem on my win10 computer.
Most likely NOT a hardware issue.
This happened either due to logger update or windows update. Both same time here. Don’t know who to blame.

I reinstalled logge32 in NEW folder. Do not overwrite old Logger32.
Export all log as adif. Take notes of the setup like where date, call, time etc etc.

After I did this logger behaved just fine and able to log again.

This worked for me.
73 de LA4WKA Hugo

On 9 Aug 2019, at 22:58, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Db Error: VIS_DISK_ERROR

Oops! Looks like you have a hardware problem with your PC. Here are the steps I would recommend:

1) Click FILES | EXPORT LOGS | ADIF and try to export your log in ADI format. If the export looks to be all there - Yay!

2) Find the database for your logbook - It is at the top of the Logbook Page Window. In my example I use C:\LOGGER32\LOGS\JUNK. Copy the file C:\LOGGER32\LOGS\JUNK.ISD (this is where all the data is) to your desktop. Zip it, and send it to me as an eMail attachment. I will attempt to extract your QSOs.

3) Do you have a backup of your logbook somewhere?

Three ways you may be able to recovery your logbook. What you do with your PC is not for me to say.  First priority try to save/recover your logbook. 73.

On August 9, 2019 at 4:26 PM Rudolf Klvana <rud.klvana@...> wrote:

I am running the latest version 3,50,391 of Logger32 on W7 (before that I used Logger for many years since the 16 bit version). Now following problem ocurred:
Symptom 1:
After starting L32 as usual the logbook page window is empty. Trying to find the last recorded QSO using „search the logbook by date“ stepping day-by-day backwards down to 08-07-2019 I can find the logbook page window containing QSOs of that date and also of 09-07-2019. However,  writing the search date 09-07-2019 results in the blank logbook page window. Since the last QSO in the logbook there are more than 1000 newer QSOs missing.
Symptom 2:
After writing a callsign in the  logbook entry window and hitting Enter, the following error message pops up:
"Db Error: VIS_DISK_ERROR
Protected VmxPut failed
Source module: logQSO
Logger32 errornum: 1006"
Hitting OK clears the logbook entry window.
Last logbook backup was made 2 months ago, mea culpa.
Please help but bear with me. I am 73 years old and my hobby is ham radio, not computers.
73, Ruda OK2QA