From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Friday, 28 June, 2019 23:27
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] ic-7300 filter problem.

Nick, I finally got around to looking at this.  From the Icom manual I see this:

Logger32 uses command 06 to set the radio mode. The documentation says that when using command 06 it is not necessary to have the filter command ... But it doesn't say that the radio ignores the filter command. So, I follower the Logger32 help file and set up an Icom like this:

Then in Logger32 I entered a frequency of 14200 in the Logbook Entry Window (to switch the radio to 20M SSB). In the radio debug window, I see this:

The important line being the Set Radio Mode : FE FE 74 E0 06 01 02 FD  Which is the 06 mode command, 01 is USB, and 02 is the filter.

Then I entered a frequency of 14001 in the Logbook Entry Window (to switch the radio to 20M SSB). In the radio debug window, I see this:

The important line being the Set Radio Mode : FE FE 74 E0 06 03 01 FD Which is the 06 mode command, 03 is CW, and 01 is the default filter.

Then I enabled the Logger32 option to use the narrow CW Filter and did it all over again. This time I see this:

The important line being the Set Radio Mode : FE FE 74 E0 06 03 03 FD Which is the 06 mode command, 03 is CW, and 03 is the narrow filter.

Bottom line, I have no idea how the radio will behave when it receives these commands, but Logger32 appears to be sending the correct information to the radio. SeventyThrees, and I hope you enjoyed your last passport free trip to the UK 😄

On June 25, 2019 at 3:16 AM "NICK K. PLUMIDAKIS" <sv1vs@...> wrote:

Dear Jim Hi.

I am sorry for the big delay in replying to you but I was abroad ( In GB land ) and I just came yesterday.

I do not know what I am doing wrong but I cannot force my 7300 to go to the FL1 when I am changing from CW to SSB or FT8.

I have place the 01,01,03 in the window but the radio refuse to obey.

Best 73’s

DE

Nick

SV1VS